Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks ilan. I had a similar post here. Post 22
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7...cs-Vids)/page3
    I gather darkness to please me...

That's a good read. It's mind blowing stuff. I'm going to catch some of the program, as long as it doesn't go too far over my head...and that doesn't take much

================

On the technical side, do you know if there's a way to increase the size of an uploaded image, rather than having it be a default, click-resizable thumbnail? I captured that image from the video feed. I note the code is

[ATT*CH=CONFIG]1111[ATT*CH]

On another board, that same code could be surrounded with resize brackets, specifying the height or width in the opening bracket. I tried that here but the code was not understood.

Thanks, Cap...
    Last edited by ilan; 04-05-2016 at 11:28 PM.

I think there was a mistake made in the universe and here we are .

Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    That's a good read. It's mind blowing stuff. I'm going to catch some of the program, as long as it doesn't go too far over my head...and that doesn't take much

================

On the technical side, do you know if there's a way to increase the size of an uploaded image, rather than having it be a default, click-resizable thumbnail? I captured that image from the video feed. I note the code is

[ATT*CH=CONFIG]1111[ATT*CH]

On another board, that same code could be surrounded with resize brackets, specifying the height or width in the opening bracket. I tried that here but the code was not understood.

Thanks, Cap...
    thanks ilan, yes some codes don't work here with images. Just about have to resize in an image program (gimp) and then upload.
    Also if you upload a pic from pc, you can double click on it and tell it what size you want, ex...small,medium,large or full size.
    Untitled.jpg
    Good stuff you guys are posting. keep it up...
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 04-07-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Space probe finds 72 new objects near Earth

(CNN) When you think of Earth, do you see our bright blue planet floating out in the vast darkness of space? Maybe you imagine the ring of satellites and spacecraft circling the planet.

But do you see the space rocks that could plunge into our planet, causing major destruction?

NASA does.

It's using a spacecraft called the Near-Earth Object Wide-field Survey Explorer, known as NEOWISE, to track near-Earth objects -- asteroids and comets -- that could hit our planet.

NEOWISE has discovered 72 new NEOs since 2013. The tally includes eight objects that are classified as potentially hazardous asteroids -- asteroids that could one day approach or hit Earth.

NEOWISE also is helping scientists study space rocks detected earlier by ground-based telescopes. It's provided new information on a total of 439 NEOs previously detected by those telescopes.

"NEOWISE discovers large, dark, near-Earth objects, complementing our network of ground-based telescopes operating at visible-light wavelengths. On average, these objects are many hundreds of meters across," Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE principal investigator, said in a news release.

If you combine the number of NEOs spotted by the satellite with the ones identified by ground-based telescopes, a total of 14,246 NEOs had been detected as of this week

So now that you know Earth isn't sitting out in empty space, you may have some questions.

Are these things going to hit us?

According to NASA's Near Earth Object Program, no big space rocks are likely to hit us anytime soon.

But keep in mind that smaller space rocks can slip by undetected. Remember Chelyabinsk? There was no warning before a meteor streaked across the sky over Russia on February 15, 2013, and exploded, shattering windows and injuring hundreds of people.

If we do spot a big asteroid or comet on a collision course with Earth, what can we do?

Maybe we could nuke it, according to NASA. Here's what the agency's Asteroid and Comet Watch page says:

"Unless there are a few decades of warning time, hazardous asteroids larger than a few hundred meters in diameter will require enormous energies to deflect or fragment. In the rare case of a large threatening asteroid, nuclear explosions that could push or fragment the object might provide a sufficient response."

Where do these space rocks come from?

NEOs "have been nudged by the gravitational attraction of the giant planets in our solar system into orbits that allow them to enter Earth's neighborhood," according to space scientists.

Besides tracking them, what's being doing to protect the Earth from NEOs?

NASA says "no government agency, national or international, has been tasked or accepted the responsibility to stop such an asteroid, should one be discovered."

The space agency is working on a mission to "redirect" an asteroid if it threatens Earth. But that mission won't be ready to go until the 2020s.

So if you want do something yourself, NASA also has issued an "Asteroid Grand Challenge." Here's how it works: Find asteroids, win a prize and possibly save the Earth.
    Last edited by ilan; 04-07-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Scientists Nuke a Fake Comet to Create Ingredients for Life
    Code:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/scientists-nuke-a-fake-comet-to-create-ingredients-for-life/ar-BBruixo?li=BBnbcA1

Well, we may really have come from outerspace. We are, in fact, aliens! Cool find, asft!

Nice link asft.
    We are stardust...

NASA asked to explain 'Millennium Falcon' UFO that appeared in live feed
    HTML Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yQZkuO1PCo
    TBCA
    A space enthusiast has demanded NASA explain a "UFO" after an unexplained patch of light in the shape of a Star Wars spacecraft appeared above the earth during a live feed.

Jadon Beeson was watching a stream of the International Space Station on his iPhone on Tuesday when a strange object appeared in the background.

The 20-year-old Brit said NASA "cut the live feed for an hour" after it showed up.

He says he has asked NASA explain the "clearly defined UFO", which was broadcast on NASA's official app, but they have not responded.

"It was unquestionably real and present. It looked like the Millennium Falcon," he told The Mirror, referring to Han Solo's spaceship in Star Wars.

It is the second time in a month NASA has been accused of covering up "UFO" activity.

Scott Waring noticed a strange metallic object while watching footage from the International Space Station (ISS) on March 9.

Like Mr Beeson, he claimed NASA cut the footage after it appeared.

A likely explanation for the objects is that they are merely two of the 500,000 pieces of space junk NASA estimates are orbiting around Earth.

© ninemsn 2016

Amazing Videos Show SpaceX's Epic Ocean Rocket Landing

Two new videos let you relive SpaceX's incredible rocket landing at sea, giving two different perspectives of the historic event — including a stunning rocket's-eye view.

On Friday (April 8), SpaceX brought the first stage of its Falcon 9 rocket down for a soft landing on a robotic "drone ship" in the Atlantic Ocean during the successful launch of the company's Dragon cargo capsule toward the International Space Station. SpaceX soon released two videos, which were captured by cameras aboard the booster stage and a monitoring "chase plane," respectively. We combined the two short clips into one awesome video of the SpaceX rocket landing here. (See link below.)

Nobody had ever landed a rocket on a ship at sea prior to Friday's milestone flight. SpaceX had tried such drone-ship touchdowns four times in the past and missed narrowly; on every occasion, the Falcon 9 stage managed to hit its target but fell over on the ship's deck and exploded.

Video:
    Code:
    http://www.space.com/32526-spacex-rocket-landing-at-sea-captured-by-on-board-camera-chase-plane-video.html
    Last edited by ilan; 04-10-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast