CASES OF INTEREST: UFOS AND TELEPATHY
Roger Marsh, MUFON | 21 October 2018

Witness photo from Mississippi Case 81498. Credit: MUFON

Telepathy has a running history in the study of UFOs when witnesses testify they communicate with non-human entities without speaking. Eleven of the 241 cases logged into the recently-released book, UFO Cases of Interest, from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), include testimony the witness communicated or somehow interacted with the object.

Some describe telepathy, others intuition, the ability to summon a craft, or where the object reacts to the witness in some way.

Testimony varies and includes reports like this first case in January 2017 when the witness suggests the object was “summoned.”

A Mississippi witness at Canton reported watching and videotaping a group of “glowing, hovering orbs,” according to testimony in Case 81498.

The witness was standing outside talking to a neighbor at 1:21 p.m. on January 9, 2017.

“I saw this orb start flying around,” the witness stated. “It disappeared. Then when it reappeared, it came back with 15 more. It swirled above us for a few seconds and then disappeared.”

The witness says this is the second time she has seen UFOs and that she had summoned them.

“I know how to do it. The first time I did it, I saw the orbs, but then they morphed into a bird-like creature with white bodies and black tipped wings but continued to glow. They swirled above me and my neighbor, flew into a formation and then disappeared.”

​Mississippi MUFON Field Investigator Richard Hoffman investigated this case and closed it as an Unknown-Other.

And in this January case, the witness was talking about a previous UFO case when the object appeared.

A Maine witness at Orrington reported watching two, silent, low flying, triangle-shaped objects, according to testimony in Case 82502.

The event occurred on Friday, January 13, 2017, beginning at 11:19 p.m.

“We left the Brewer Walmart around 10:50 right before they closed at 11 and we headed back towards Orrington. We were heading up the Brewer Lake Road and went around an 'S' turn and we had noticed these red lights down the road above the dam on the lake.”

The group was not far from the Bangor International Airport.

“So, it didn't seem like there was anything unusual about something like that; it looked like it was just beyond the dam and it was flying parallel to the road. It looked like it could have been a plane coming in. But there was something unusual about it, so when we saw it, I started talking about, I swear, how I saw a UFO the previous January.”

The group continued to drive down the road closer to the object.

“I'm still talking about the UFO. It was like it heard me talking about UFOs because this triangular silhouette went from being far off the road and fairly high in the air (500 - 700 feet) to swooping in very close probably 400 feet off the road and 200 feet high.”

Maine MUFON State Director Valerie Schultz investigated this case and closed it as an Unknown.

Then there are the cases where the witness sees an object, and “commands” it do something.

A California witness at Santa Rosa reported watching a bright ball of light that ejected two objects, according to testimony in Case 82613.

The witness and friends went to a local high school for skateboarding on March 9, 2017.

“As we were skating around on a blacktop, a very bright light caught my attention,” the witness stated. “At first I just thought that it was Venus being magnified by the atmosphere as it was so low on the horizon and it was not obviously moving. After a minute of me continuing to skate, I looked at it again and I realized it was not in the same place that it was. Then it became obvious that it was moving.”The witness described the object.

“It had no blinking lights and was much, much brighter than a plane or helicopter, with no sound whatsoever. I brought my two other friend’s attention to the object. It slowly moved across the sky and then at the point in which it seemed to be centered in our view, it slowed significantly.”

The witness felt as though he was communicating with the object.

“This happened within seconds of me asking, in my mind, for the object to do something to make it even more obvious that it was of otherworldly origin. This made be under the impression that this object was aware of me and my friends observing it. We continued to watch it as it continued its average speed again and then its path seemed to change from a perpendicular one to a diagonal path away from us. As the object was moving away, and we’re still watching, one of my friends was describing another UFO sighting that he had. He said something along the lines of, I was watching it and it dropped... and literally, immediately after he said that word, dropped, that object that we were currently watching dropped a twinkling light straight down from it that seemed to fall very quickly and disappeared before getting three-quarter the way to the ground.”

California MUFON Field Investigator Hady Felfly closed this case as an Unknown UAV.

See the MUFON Web site for more cases. -ilan