Register
NEW URL: www.IPTVTalk.net or .nl
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,045 of 1045
    There are UFOs in the skies over Central Jersey
    Mike Deak, Bridgewater Courier News | Published 2:00 p.m. ET Feb. 8, 2019

Photograph of an alleged UFO in Passaic, New Jersey, taken on July 31, 1952.

If you've seen something strange in the sky over Central Jersey — and you haven't been enjoying an adult beverage or suffering from a lack of sleep — you're not alone.

According to the National UFO Reporting Center, Central Jersey residents have reported seeing objects in the sky that are mystifying and can not be explained. In short, they were seeing unidentified flying objects — UFOs.

And if you did see an UFO, you're not crazy. They may not be flying saucers or aliens taking a sightseeing trip to Earth, but simply objects you literally can not identify. UFOologists say that about 90 percent of all sightings turn out to have plausible explanations, yet about 10 percent remain perplexing.

The National UFO Reporting Center, in Seattle, was founded in 1974 by UFO investigator Robert J. Gribble. The Center's mission is to be a central and transparent clearinghouse of UFO sightings throughout the United States, including Central Jersey. The center's website is updated daily.

Sightings

One of the UFO latest sightings in Central Jersey was in South Amboy where someone told the National UFO Reporting Center that at about 12:28 a.m. on Feb 1 "two circles in the sky changed colors several times from blue to orange."

That was the second UFO sighting in South Amboy since Dec. 1. At about 6:51 p.m. on Dec. 10, someone reported "a bright light beamed in the sky and descended in a linear pattern, then quickly disappeared."

Just three days before, there had been a detailed UFO sighting in Branchburg.

"On 12/07/2018 at 16:45 I was driving westbound on Burnt Mills Road in Branchburg, when I witnessed what first appeared to be a jet contrail, however instead of getting longer, it stayed the same size and began rotating in a clockwise direction. It was the shape of a line, or cylinder, and I could see that it was illuminated because the sun has already set and was behind the object, but it was fully illuminated bright white on its east side, opposite the sun.

"As I noticed it wasn't growing and instead rotating, another, smaller object appeared slightly to the north of it. I drove through a forested section of the road and came to a clearing and pulled off to the shoulder to view them some more.

"I then noticed 2 more similar shaped objects to the north of the first 2. They were moving very slowly in the sky, and as I tracked them, I could see movement relative to the other objects, and saw that they were traveling west towards the twilight. The first object I saw eventually disappeared to the west, followed by the 2nd, and finally the last 2 disappeared.

"I am certain they were not planes, helicopters or hot air balloons.

"I have never seen anything quite like these lights in the sky before. I have logged thousands of miles sailing offshore and many moonless nights at sea, and although I have seen some very strange things in the sky, nothing viewed has ever compelled me to write about before.

"I would like to know if there were any other witnesses as it was rush hour and there were many cars driving around at that time. This is a fairly rural area, the objects were traveling over farmland and possibly parts of Route 78."

Not all of the reports to the National UFO Reporting Center are as detailed.

On July 7, 2017 someone in Linden reported a "blinking light" in the sky at about 6:43 p.m. It was "first solid red...then blinking red...then blinking green six or seven times..then red twice."

Occasionally Peter Davenport, director of the National UFO Reporting Center, adds a comment to the reports. In response to someone on the New Brunswick campus of Rutgers University at 7:38 p.m. Nov. 29, 2017 seeing an aircraft "releasing white air," Davenport wrote, "Possibly contrails, we suspect."

The National UFO Reporting Center receives many of its reports through a telephone hotline at 206-722-3000 which is staffed 24 hours a day. You can also report a sighting online at the UFO Center. The site warns that it doesn't tolerate nonsense: "If you are thinking of submitting a hoax or joke report, save yourself the time and trouble. It will be ignored and immediately discarded."

The National UFO Reporting Center makes all the reports open to the public on the website. And those who report UFOs are guaranteed anonymity. Every month summaries of recent sightings are posted.

Even with contemporary high-tech gadgets, it's difficult to gather evidence about sightings. A Stockton man going for a bike ride on the D&R Canal towpath with his kids at 3 p.m. Oct. 1, 2017 saw "a single, extremely bright, but small, white to pale yellowish light at very high altitude." For the next hour the light moved slowly across the sky and never reached the horizon.

"I did attempt to take a few pictures with my iPhone because it is all I had, but nothing can be seen in the photos," the person wrote.

In Piscataway at about 4:40 p.m. Aug. 1, 2017, someone was driving home from work when they saw a fast-moving disk-shaped object with a dome high in the sky. "It flew very smooth and faster than any plane I've seen."

Unfortunately, those words are the only account we have. "I wanted to try to take a picture but could not safely pull to the side of the road. Incident happened quickly and not enough time to get phone and take photo."

At about 5:10 p.m. June 17, 2017, someone saw a "black circular, ball-like object hovering in the sky over Old Bridge."

But, by the time the observer grabbed a camera from inside the house and ran back outside, the object was gone. "I hope someone in the area photographed it."

There were no other UFO reports around Old Bridge at that time. However, it should be noted that since Jan. 1, 2017, there have been more UFO sightings in Old Bridge — four — than any other Central Jersey town.

Sometimes the sightings come when you least expect it. Also in Old Bridge at about noon on Oct. 12, 2018, a person said "I took my usual walk on the usual route. I walked across the street and lifted my neck to stretch and there was an object above me. The best way to describe it. A jellyfish. It was moving quickly."

The report adds interesting details to fill out the picture. "Only saw a couple of birds on my walk and no leaves high in the air. The leaves were bristling on the ground because it was windy."

The author then adds facts to heighten the report's credibility: "My vision is excellent except I wear reading glasses. I'm in my 40s."

Someone taking out the garbage in Califon at 8:43 p.m. Oct. 4, 2017 saw a "craft hovering with amber, orange lights, for a few minutes and then completely disappeared like it had been vacuumed up into thin air."

Occasionally, a report will contain a personal, emotional response. A Somerville resident who was waiting for his Uber ride to work on the overnight shift reported seeing at about 10:33 p.m. Jan. 10, a triangular-shaped object "zoomed" about 1,000 to 1,500 feet above his house.

The sighting, the reporter wrote, was "not scary at all, but just mystifying." After looking at the reports on the the National UFO Reporting Center 's website, the resident wrote it was "humbling to know that all the other people who reports such things are not crazy like I thought I was."

"I am now a believer!"

I don't usually put UFO news back to back, but this was too interesting to pass up. - ilan
    Last edited by ilan; 02-19-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.nl/iptv-how-to-setup.pdf

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.nl/showthread.php?10406-Kodi-FAQ

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.nl/forumdisplay.php?...-Announcements

See it! Photos of 2019’s biggest supermoon
    Eleanor Imster in ASTRONOMY ESSENTIALS | TODAY'S IMAGE | February 20, 2019

A selection of photos of the February 18 and 19 full moon – biggest and brightest supermoon of 2019 – from the EarthSky Community.

Dr Ski in Valencia, Philippines wrote: “It’s probably just me, but I can’t tell the difference between tonight’s “super” full moon and any of the over 700 full moons I’ve seen over the short span of my existence on this planet. But with a reference, the difference becomes very obvious. February’s full moon at perigee of course means that apogee occurred during new moon. So I had to use January’s apogee moon for comparison. Both images are at 40X.” It’s true most people can’t discern the size difference between a supermoon and ordinary full moon, using the eye alone.

Apogee: Moon farthest from Earth. Perigee: Moon closest to Earth. - ilan
    Last edited by ilan; 02-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Earth’s atmosphere extends beyond moon
    Deborah Byrd in EARTH | SPACE | February 21, 2019

In fact, these researchers said, the moon flies through Earth’s outermost atmosphere, called its geocorona.

Apollo 16 astronauts on the moon acquired this ultraviolet image of Earth and its hydrogen envelope, or geocorona, in 1972. Image via ESA.
    The European Space Agency (ESA) said on February 20, 2019, that 20-year-old data from the space-based SOHO observatory has revealed an amazing fact about the Earth. The data have shown that the outermost part of Earth’s atmosphere – called its geocorona – extends beyond the moon’s orbit.

This gaseous geocorona – a cloud of hydrogen atoms, made faintly luminous in the far-ultraviolet via scattered sunlight – was known to exist. But no one knew it reached so far into space. It extends nearly twice as far as the moon’s orbit, nearly 400,000 miles (630,000 km), or 50 times Earth’s own diameter.

Igor Baliukin of Russia’s Space Research Institute led this research. He commented in a statement:

The moon flies through Earth’s atmosphere.

SOHO stands for Solar and Heliospheric Observatory. The mission was launched in 1995 as a joint project by ESA and NASA, with a projected two-year lifespan. Now, 24 years later, the craft is still in space and still studying the sun and sun-Earth environment. It orbits the L-1 point in the Earth-sun system.

One of SOHO’s instrument, called SWAN, provided the data on Earth’s geocorona. SWAN’s sensors traced the hydrogen in the geocorona and precisely detected where it dwindled to nothing.

The evocative image above is a very interesting and historic one of Earth’s geocorona. It comes from the first telescope on the moon, placed by Apollo 16 astronauts in 1972. The image shows the geocorona surrounding Earth and glowing brightly in ultraviolet light. Jean-Loup Bertaux is the former principal investigator of SWAN, and he’s a co-author of the new paper. He commented:

At that time, the astronauts on the lunar surface did not know that they were actually embedded in the outskirts of the geocorona.

By the way, we skywatchers sometimes see a similar-looking corona around the moon or sun. But that’s an entirely different phenomenon, with the glow caused by Earth’s own air, not by any extended lunar or solar atmosphere.
    Last edited by ilan; 02-21-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Japan’s Hayabusa2 lands on asteroid Ryugu
    Deborah Byrd in SPACE | February 22, 2019

The Hayabusa2 spacecraft touched down briefly and successfully on asteroid Ryugu Friday morning, 200 million miles (300 million km) from Earth. It successfully fired a bullet into the asteroid to puff up dust for sample collection.

A live webcast showed Hayabusa2 scientists nervously monitoring the spacecraft’s February 22 touchdown on distant asteroid Ryugu.
    Hayabusa2 touched down briefly on asteroid Ryugu on Friday and fired a bullet into the asteroid’s surface to puff up dust for sample collection. Then the spacecraft blasted back to its holding position in orbit around the asteroid, said officials from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). A February 22, 2019, statement from JAXA said:

[We] executed the asteroid explorer Hayabusa2 operation to touch down on the surface of the target asteroid Ryugu for sample retrieval.

Data analysis from Hayabusa2 confirms that the sequence of operation proceeded, including shooting a projectile into the asteroid to collect its sample material. The Hayabusa2 spacecraft is in nominal state [performing within acceptable limits]. This marks the Hayabusa2 successful touchdown on Ryugu.

A live webcast of the control room showed dozens of JAXA staff members nervously monitoring data ahead of the touchdown before exploding into applause after receiving a signal from Hayabusa2 that it had landed. Yuichi Tsuda, Hayabusa2 project manager, told reporters:

We made a successful touchdown, including firing a bullet [into the Ryugu asteroid]. We made the ideal touchdown in the best conditions.

The complicated procedure took less time than expected and appeared to go without a hitch, said Hayabusa2 mission manager Makoto Yoshikawa, who added:

I’m really relieved now. It felt very long until the moment the touchdown happened.

He said the firing of the bullet – the first of three planned in this mission – will:

… lead to a leap, or new discoveries, in planetary science.

The asteroid is thought to contain relatively large amounts of organic matter and water from some 4.6 billion years ago when the solar system was born.

Massive black triangle UFO over New Lambton Heights in 1999
    Damon Cronshaw, Newcastle Herald | February 23, 2019

The memory came back vividly recently when he was throwing out old newspapers kept for painting. One fell on the floor.

It contained a story, published in this column in November 2017, about Geoff and Maree Masters. Dean hadn't come across the story until then.

The couple had shared their story about seeing a massive black triangle-shaped UFO from their Edgeworth front yard one night in the late 1990s.

Dean, who owns Vern's Guitar Clinic at Wallsend, had a similar experience.

"It was 1999, around November. It was a hot, crystal clear night. You could see the stars. There was no breeze," he said.

He was living on Grandview Road at New Lambton Heights on top of a ridge. That night, he was having a barbecue.

At about 11pm, he was outside talking to a mate about the forthcoming new year.

Suddenly, they could see "what appeared to be a fire, down low behind trees".

They also thought it could be lightning.

"Then the orange light started to rise up. It rose above the eucalypt trees," he said.

"We could see it coming towards us. I said, 'we’re about to find out what this thing is'.

"We were absolutely stunned. I said 'what the hell is that?'. This thing was coming towards us at no more than 25km/h.

"It was about 30 metres high, just above the tallest eucalyptus tree.

"As it approached us, the hairs on our neck and arms stood up. We were in deep shock. We couldn’t believe what we were seeing."

A massive triangular-shaped craft flew above them.

"It was travelling so low, you could have thrown a rock and hit it. It was directly above our heads," he said.

"As we stood underneath it, there was no doubt what it was. We knew straight away it was an alien craft from another planet. There’s nothing like that on our planet.

"I never thought I’d see a UFO in my life. It seemed to take a minute for the whole craft to pass over our house."

Light from the craft shone on them and the house.

The pair screamed, "hello, hello".

"We felt calm, like we weren’t in any danger. It was almost like it was being emitted from the ship somehow," he said.

He said the UFO had five lights, including a massive orange light in its centre.

"It was kind of like the inside of an orange when you cut an orange in half," he said.

The orange light itself, he said, was about "three quarters the size of a football field".

The triangular craft was much bigger.

It appeared to be made of a substance that he likened to "black glass or titanium".

"This thing was absolutely huge. It was 50 to 100 times the size of a 747," he estimated.

"It was a massive ship. It seemed to float on air. There were no engines, no flames, no sound. It was completely silent. It was absolutely beautiful.

"It came from another world, an advanced world. We had the distinct impression that we and everything around us were being filmed. We didn’t know why, we just had that feeling."

Similar Sightings

Black triangle UFOs have been sighted many times around the world.

In 1989 to 1990, for instance, this type of UFO was reported many times in Belgium. Witnesses claimed to see large black silent triangles.

"Two key factors that make the Belgian wave of sightings so interesting to UFO scholars and skeptics alike are the large number of police making reports and the Belgian government’s official interest in the sightings," Michael Lauck reported.

Retired Belgian Major General Wilfried de Brouwer, who oversaw the investigation, said there were about 2000 reported sightings. In one case, two police officers spotted a triangular object with three spotlights illuminating the field over which it hovered. In its centre was a red flashing light.

Sceptics have suggested this type of UFO could be United States Air Force surveillance aircraft developed under "black operations".

Dean Garner, citing his close encounter of the first kind, dismisses this suggestion. He can't imagine a stealth military aircraft being as large as the one he saw. Nor can he comprehend why a military craft would want to fly low over Newcastle.

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105