Register
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,133 of 1133
    CANADIAN WITNESS ENCOUNTERS UFO HOVERING OVER ROADWAY
    Roger Marsh, MUFON | 5/13/2019

Abbotsford, British Columbia. Credit: Google

Canadian witness at Abbotsford, British Columbia, reported an object hovering over the roadway about the width of the two-lane road, according to testimony in Case 90803 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness was driving down a “poorly lit road” at 8:40 p.m. (already dark) on March 15, 2018.

“I had another person with me at the time,” the witness stated. “At first I didn't really pay much attention to the craft as I assumed it was an airplane in a distance. I started taking more notice as I continued driving as the air craft seemed to be quite low and what seemed to be slow moving. However, as I neared the air craft it was not moving at all. It was hovering in one spot directly over the road. It was hovering in one spot probably above the power lines (distance wise). I kept driving, but I slowed down as I was driving under it (directly under it). I told my companion, ‘that is no plane.’”

The witness described the object.

“It was a black color with lights (lights flashing like an airplane as that was the deception in the start). It was loud sounding as I passed under it (loud engine). It was a long-ish kind of shape in width that was about the same size as the width of the road (double lane road). It had some kind of strips of material fluttering off it. It was not a drone. I drove under it, but to be honest, I was tripping out a little bit in the moment as normally I am a very skeptical person. I drove up to the next street crossing (approximately a city block and-a-half) and did a U-turn as I was going to take pictures or a video etc. I sped back down the road but as I neared it again it left. It just seemed to look like just any other light in the sky within seconds. I don't know for sure what it was. When I was under it, it was really the only time I could hear its engine. I couldn't hear what it sounded like when it took off as I was speeding back toward it to take some pictures. All that I could really hear was my own engine speeding back towards it. I don't know what it was, but it was not a drone or an airplane.”

Canada MUFON Field Investigator Carl Peterson closed this case as an Unknown Aerial Vehicle.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Speculation Beta Taurid meteor shower may conceal killer asteroids
    Jamie Seidel, News AU | 16 May 2019

Meteor showers are beautiful. They are a spectacle. They’re mostly harmless. But one due in July could be concealing a deadly, dark secret.

Every year, Earth passes through the tail of the comet Encke - twice. This isn’t unusual. We regularly cross cometary trails of ice and dust. But this one may be different.

It could have been the source of the dramatic 1908 Tunguska airburst which flattened hundreds of square kilometres of Russian forest. The 45m wide comet fragment struck on June 30, at the height of the Beta Taurid shower.

Was it, in fact, a part of that shower?

Astronomer and science advocate Dr Phil Plait says it is possible. Calculations of its trajectory indicate the Tunguska object came from the same patch of sky.

But comet trails are usually just scatterings of dust and debris, rarely bigger than a pebble.

So what makes that belonging to comet Encke different?

Dr Plait says there is an idea being examined by astronomers that the gravitational influence of Jupiter may be having a particular effect on its trail.

Usually, comet debris simply slowly drift away.

But in Encke’s case, Jupiter could be rolling its offcasts into a tighter, more compact clump - the Taurid Swarm.

Earth crosses the path of this swarm in June (Beta Taurid shower) and October (Taurid shower), every year. They’re called Taurid as the meteors appear to flash out of the constellation Taurus.

And the Taurid Swarm hypothesis postulates the presence of much larger cometary chunks hurtling along the flow.

There is speculation a large impact from the Taurid Swarm fragment occured some 13,000 years ago in the northern hemisphere, contributing to the disappearance of the Clovis culture in Northern America. But a recently discovered crater in Greenland is yet to be accurately dated or identified. More extreme extrapolations attempt to link comet Encke to the demise of the fictional Atlantis of Plato’s imagination.

"While this is all unproven, it’s somewhat worrisome. If the Tunguska impactor was part of the Beta Taurids, and they reoccur every year, is it possible another Tunguska-sized chunk of comet is out there with our name on it?” Dr Plait writes.

“I’ll remind you that space is big and the Earth small, so the odds of such an impact are really low — we expect to see them on the order of once every thousand years or so. It would be nice, however, to survey the Beta Taurids and see what’s actually there.”

And attempt to do just that will be made between July 5 and 11, and again between July 21 and August 10 this year.

It has been calculated that Earth will be passing through the centre of the swarm this time. Combined with favourable phases of the moon, professional-grade telescopes should be able to spot objects of up to 100 meters or so barrelling along among the dust.

Even the big ones will simply be too faint for amateur telescopes or binoculars. And the show will be coming from the direction of the sun - meaning the meteors will peak during daytime.

“The idea that Tunguska might be just one of many such objects in the Taurid swarm is circumstantial, but critical to test,” Dr Plait says.

This is where the Israeli spacecraft crashed into the moon
    Ashley Strickland, CNN | 5:14 PM ET, Fri May 17, 2019

This is a before and after comparison of the landing site, with the right side showing the aftermath.
    (CNN) On April 11, the Israeli Beresheet spacecraft attempted to land on the moon in the ancient volcanic field called the Sea of Serenity -- but it crashed instead. Now, NASA has released images that helped researchers discover the crash site.

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which has been orbiting for a decade, passed over the landing site April 22 and took images.

The photos, taken from 56 miles above the surface, feature a telling smudge 32.8 feet wide. There's a halo of lighter, more reflective material around the dark smudge, suggesting that the soil around the landing site smoothed out as it was blown away, the agency said.

It's not known whether the impact created a crater on the lunar surface. If there is one, it isn't visible in the photos, but that could be due to the distance. It's also possible that the impact formed only an indent, rather than a crater, because the spacecraft was lightweight and had a low velocity and a low approach angle, compared with a dense meteoroid of similar size.

The moon is impacted by material from space all the time, leaving craters behind. When the orbiter passes over the area again Sunday, it will record more images to look for a crater.

Beresheet was privately funded by nonprofit SpaceIL. Things went well during the descent, but then officials on Earth lost contact with the spacecraft.

After the crash, the company behind the $100 million spacecraft said its engineers believe that a technical glitch caused the main engine to shut down and later "made it impossible to slow the spacecraft's descent."

The spacecraft's first technical issue occurred at 14 kilometers (about 8.7 miles) above the moon, SpaceIL officials said. Beresheet then lost communications with the control room in Israel during the landing sequence.

Engineers were able to restart communications with the spacecraft, but officials said it was too late; it was moving too fast to land properly.

Beresheet was the first privately funded moon mission. Its name was a reference to the first words of the Bible in Hebrew, which translates to "In the beginning."

The spacecraft was launched in February and went on a seven-week journey to reach the moon. It circled the Earth multiple times before being "slingshotted" to the moon, traveling about 4 million miles in the process.

If the Israeli team had been successful, it would have been the first private enterprise to make a controlled moon landing, with the smallest spacecraft and the smallest budget.

The impact spot is just about dead center in the image on the right. - ilan
    Last edited by ilan; 05-18-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114