CIGAR UFO SPOTTED OVER ILLINOIS TOWN
Roger Marsh, MUFON | February 12, 2019

St. Charles, Illinois. Credit: Wikimedia Commons

An Illinois witness at Saint Charles reported watching a cigar-shaped object moving overhead with lights at both ends, according to testimony in Case 89610 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness and her husband were looking out a front kitchen window about 9:30 p.m. on January 3, 2018, when the incident began.

“Our window overlooks the covered deck, but we like to watch the planes coming and going into and out of the airports in Chicago,” the witness stated. “From the side of the window that I was standing I noticed a bright light and saw a cigar-shaped object with bright lights on the front and back of the object.”

The witness then alerted her husband.

“It moved so fast that by the time I told my husband to move over to my side and up look it had moved out of sight. It appeared to come from the northwest and headed southeast out of sight. It made no sound and was a dark metal color with no light between the front and back lights.”​

Illinois MUFON State Section Director James Wolford closed this case as an Unknown Aerial Vehicle.