TV Addicted

Freeze new fix to stop buffering

hello to all
    found this and wanted to share lord knows we hate buffering in the middle of a good movie.watch the video
    hxxp://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=168

not a member
    This is a tool to help you adjust your advanced settings in Kodi. Before you start making changes it is best to know what these settings do and not just adjust them blindly as it could make things worse. These changes should be set based on your hardware. The information on this can be found on the Kodi WIKI pages.

This really only applies to pre-recorded media as well. It may help when streaming a tv show or movie from Genesis by letting you system cache the stream, but this doesn't work for live feeds since there's nothing to cache.

TV Addicted
    thanks makes sense hey but every little bit helps

Probation
    FWIW, these are the possible settings that affect PVR in the advanced settings xml:

<pvr>
    <timecorrection>0</timecorrection> <!-- Correct all times (epg tags, timer tags, recording tags) by this amount of minutes. -->
    <infotoggleinterval>3000</infotoggleinterval> <!-- If there is more than one pvr gui info item available (e.g. multiple recordings active at the same time), use this toggle delay in milliseconds. -->
    <minvideocachelevel>5</minvideocachelevel> <!-- Cache up to this level in the video buffer buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
    <minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel> <!-- Cache up to this level in the audio buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
    <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer> <!-- Cache PVR stream in DVDPlayer. -->
    <channeliconsautoscan>true</channeliconsautoscan> <!-- Automatically scan user defined folder for channel icons when loading internal channel groups. -->
    <autoscaniconsuserset>false</autoscaniconsuserset> <!-- Mark channel icons populated by auto scan as "user set". -->
    <numericchannelswitchtimeout>1000</numericchannelswitchtimeout> <!-- Time in ms before the numeric dialog auto closes when confirmchannelswitch is disabled. -->
    </pvr>

i am using

<minvideocachelevel>60</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>60</minaudiocachelevel>

and have help a lot in minimizing the freezes, although, it will take longer to change/load channels, it will run more smoothly.