Low Storage with Firesticks

I have upgraded to Kodi isenguard but run into having low storage. I have reset my firestick twice and did not set the o cache setting this second time but still getting low memory. I delete my cache every other day but will get low memory from time to time. Any advice?

Size 3.3 x 1.0 x 0.5 in. (84.9 x 25.0 x 11.5 mm)
    Weight 0.9 oz. (25.1g)
    Processor Broadcom Capri 28155, dual-core 2xARM A9 up to 1 Ghz
    GPU VideoCore4
    Storage 8 GB internal
    Memory 1 GB
    you should be fine
    just dont put to many apps on this stick only a dual run only the best thats what i do

Banned
    system, file manager, profile directory, and delete advancedsettings.xml

Junoir Member
    Not just Fire Stick issue, but all Kodi installs with third party apps. or worse "builds" on devices with smaller hdd.
    The Fire sticks are 8GB before anything is loaded, down to 5.7 or so after Amazon loads their stuff. A typical Kodi install these days may be as high as 600 MB with both addons and user data. Then, something else to watch out for with the Amazon units is the screensaver application(called PHOTOS in the managed applications). That can load an additional 400MB.

So, go to display and screensaver, set to NEVER. Next thing is to regularly delete the cache of all applications by going to Applications, manage installed applications, delete all cache for all Applications, one at a time, DO NOT DELETE THE KODI DATA, only the caches.
    Next thing you need is the Raw Maintenance tool(please google for that), and use it EXACTLY per their instruction. After deleting the thumbnails(where most of your memory issues are coming from), you MUST immediately exit and restart Kodi, to install a fresh set of thumbnails.

After doing the above, you will find you have just cleared up to 4GB's of wasted memory space. There is also a program called Clean Master, but to use it with a Fire Stick you'd need a bluetooth mouse or similar to navigate the menu. The way I have outlined here, you will accomplish the same thing, no Bluetooth needed. For regular Android boxes, or Raspberry Pi, etc., things are easier since you are not dealing with Amazons programs and apps, but the basic steps of delete applications cache, and using Raw Maintenance at least once a week for the big "Builds", is still recommended.

You will have no more memory problems as long as you don't go app. crazy.

not a member
    As already stated, there should not be any reason for Kodi not to run on the FireStick. What eats up the memory is the thumbnail cache. Also you did not mention if you were using this with your own movie/tv library as this will also eat up your memory fast too. I use a FireTV and have configured it to use MySQL for my Movies/TV database and I also have off loaded all my thumbnail cache to the same computer that is running MySQL. My cache is around 3 gigs. This also helps if your using more than one instance of Kodi to help keep all your instances in sync.

Thank you for all the suggestion going to file manager to delete the advance cache settings related a lot memory. Also using the raw and following the instructions to enable the screen saver made a huge difference as well as clearing the cache from various apps on my firestick. I am up to close to 4.10 GB or memory. Thank you guys so much for the help. This should be a sticky somewhere to reference for others.