Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Venture View Post
    Many of us on the west coast have been having nothing but issues. I have a post going in the other IPTV area. Check your Ethernet usage in task manager and see what kind of speed you are pulling down. Mine is so spotty and low it wont work. All other streaming services work flawlessly (genesis, ice films, Netflix, hulu, xbox live, etc).

I am also on COX, in Las Vegas.

This seams to be a server problem.

Without tech support, and no one from rocket on this board it is up to us to solve our own problems with little to no info to go on.

I am using one micro pc, a mag, and an android tablet running the emulator, and service has always been unusable since day one. 3 different subscriptions not one working long enough to watch a commercial with out buffering or freezing.

I have tried different isp's and nothing helps. I even took the micro pc to work where they have a true 1000mbps connection and still crapped out.

Hopefully if enough people get onto these posts something may change.

I have been with the IKS community for years and have 2 jynxboxes hooked up to dish. IKS service is now being left on the back burner so iptv can take over. In my opinion they released it way too early with way to many issues, that's why you don't hear from anyone one over there.
    One can argue that DSL is dedicated between you and the Central Office (and shared from there on), while Cable is shared for that "last mile" segment of the connection as well. However, cable technology is able to push much higher bandwidth over that last mile to support multiple clients, and the signal does not deteriorate nearly as fast because of distance. Because of this, cable modem technology may be somewhat more prone to variations in speed than DSL, however, it usually offers higher average throughput.

Note: One can compare a speed test from their ISP's servers (local/nearby test) vs. a speed test from a distant location to determine whether the speed limitation is in the last mile.

I have cox on eastcoast I'm good. Eastcoast is the best coast haha 😛

The reason it works on your cell and not your isp is where your connection actually lies. Most of the phone companies have multiple servers around the country and actually give you the fastest connection possible. Your cell data may be processing as far away as Florida, and returned thru the network. Phone companies use server centers at each end of the country and smaller servers at the local level. Kind of like Netflix. This is so even if one server goes down you don't lose data. Heck over half the servers go down your still ok. If you can connect your phone to a pc and look at the actual ip address you will find it rarely comes from your local location. Most likely it comes from where ever your cell company has it's main location.

Your local isp on the other hand is local. You get what they get. No more, no less.

Junoir Member
    could my router be the issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12