Junoir Member

Mag 254 and using the Composite AV output

Hi all, newbie to the site and to my Mag 245, I live on the Algarve in Portugal and its one of the few ways we ex brits can see UK tv, anyhow have it all set up on my main tv using a HDMI lead and quite happy with it, but want to run it to a second tv in another room so as the outputs are limited I thought I could use the Composite AV. So I bought a lead that plugs in to the Composite AV output and has the three jacks the other end. ( video, audio left and audio right) that I could feed into an RF Modulator and feed the output into the villa pre-wired coax cable network.

Anyhow ran into a problem, the output from the Composite AV is useless, picture unseeable due to interference and noise, moved a spare tv next to the mag box and fed the lead direct into the spare tv and just the same?? Googled it and came up with suggestions to reduce the output res on the mag box, although reluctant as it reduces the main tv picture I tried it and well nothing still the same, can anyone confirm they have used the Composite AV output, can it be used at the same time as the HDMI is in use and any reasons I am having trouble.

Thank in advance

Jeff

no, it cannot.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Junoir Member
    **Update**

Ok the issue turned out to be a faulty AV lead !! which as was bought especially for the mag box was a bummer but hey ho, anyhow upshot is now have the mag box outputting HD to the main tv and output at the AV lead at the same time, I have ran the AV out through an RF modulator and now have that running tv`s in other parts of the Villa, the only downside was the output video has to be set at 576i, but can live with that on the RF sets and if watching a movie or HD sports on the main tv takes 2 mins to swap the setting.

Av lead

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    **Update**

Ok the issue turned out to be a faulty AV lead !! which as was bought especially for the mag box was a bummer but hey ho, anyhow upshot is now have the mag box outputting HD to the main tv and output at the AV lead at the same time, I have ran the AV out through an RF modulator and now have that running tv`s in other parts of the Villa, the only downside was the output video has to be set at 576i, but can live with that on the RF sets and if watching a movie or HD sports on the main tv takes 2 mins to swap the setting.
    Jeff you should of got Av lead in the box when you bought the box ?