Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Hello all, help me plan for the future?

I still own and use my two sonicview hd's have these babies long time. I'm a casual tester. Logon when something changes get up to speed and back at it so iptv is relatively new to me. I also have a roku box and since wife is not a big techie we have had netflix for a few months. (She is into tv shows)

Should I purchase a mag254 or two now or wait a bit? I will say I'm partially interested in selling my roku and getting rid of netflix subscription if possible

only downside i see to iptv is i like connecting my stb to slingbox and it does not seem to have a secondary connection for slingbox on most iptv boxes

I rent and have a dp44 switch and triple lnb and it would be nice not to have to worry about the lnb install and all that next time i move or buy a house.

Mind sharong some tips what you would do if you were me?

TV Addicted
    Oh good, you're here.
    For feedback, this might help http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?756-New-channels

welcome, Infoe....enjoy
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    welcome to iptv

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmas View Post
    Oh good, you're here.
    For feedback, this might help http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?756-New-channels
    I was asking relative to the overall iptv experience not necessarily the papiao tv service. How does it compare in feel snd experience to fta

TV Addicted
    Welcome to the forum! When I first read about this service, I got the mag 254 fees days later.

Infoe, You're asking some really good questions, only problem is you're doing it in the welcome section. I'm going to move this thread for you and you can put another one up if you like to be welcomed to the site. Welcome section is to announce yourself and be welcomed to our site

BTW Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Infoe View Post
    I still own and use my two sonicview hd's have these babies long time. I'm a casual tester. Logon when something changes get up to speed and back at it so iptv is relatively new to me. I also have a roku box and since wife is not a big techie we have had netflix for a few months. (She is into tv shows)

Should I purchase a mag254 or two now or wait a bit? I will say I'm partially interested in selling my roku and getting rid of netflix subscription if possible

only downside i see to iptv is i like connecting my stb to slingbox and it does not seem to have a secondary connection for slingbox on most iptv boxes

I rent and have a dp44 switch and triple lnb and it would be nice not to have to worry about the lnb install and all that next time i move or buy a house.

Mind sharong some tips what you would do if you were me?
    I would do a LOT of reading. Removing the roku and getting rid of netflix is easily done, check into xbmc/kodi because that will do the same thing, basically, as netflix. You load an app and almost everything ever aired on tv is available to you. A little more involved than a roku but more options too.

Your sat install will still work for now, so no real hurry with that. My mag254 works great and there is even a newer mag260 that will do both iptv and xbmc. You have android boxes that will do both also by loading an app called vasilchmax emulator, and there is the avov that will also do both.

You have a lot of homework ahead of you. IPTV can replace sat tv and xbmc can replace the roku.

Moderator at Work
    I wilol welcome you here infoe, my opinion iptv is a good supplement to sat TV and may be the main system in the future, as already posted some reading here will get you up in knowledge.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIO View Post
    I would do a LOT of reading. Removing the roku and getting rid of netflix is easily done, check into xbmc/kodi because that will do the same thing, basically, as netflix. You load an app and almost everything ever aired on tv is available to you. A little more involved than a roku but more options too.

Your sat install will still work for now, so no real hurry with that. My mag254 works great and there is even a newer mag260 that will do both iptv and xbmc. You have android boxes that will do both also by loading an app called vasilchmax emulator, and there is the avov that will also do both.

You have a lot of homework ahead of you. IPTV can replace sat tv and xbmc can replace the roku.
    Hey there don't mind my thread moving was just not sure where to post as i did not see a general thread. the mag260 seems like it is the way to go if it can integrate kodi throught it's xbmc. I want to get one box for now (or in near future if there is rumors of a new box coming out soon) may be my choice to "test" for when I move in a year or so to see if at that point the iptv solution can serve as a total solution and I can do away with the sat/lnb setup's (I've moved 3 times) and am tired of removing and installing lnb's/running cables

as for learning about repo's and where I can get more access to vod tv shows through xbmc/kodi where can i learn about that?

It seems like a marriage in heaven with an iptv box using rocket code for tv and their vod mixed with xbmc/kodi tv services
    Last edited by Infoe; 02-02-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast