Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EPG and channel changing issue

Hi all,

Decided to go for it and bought a donation and so far I've been pretty impressed and love the fact that new channels are added all the time.

I'm having a few minor issues though. One is that the EPG seems to be wrong most of the time. Shows that are listed are usually not the ones playing. Does anyone know why?
    Another issue with that channels take 20 - 30 seconds to change.

I'm using openELEC with kodi 14.2 but tried it on my phone with v. 15.2 which seems to be a lot quicker changing channels. I'm on a 40 Mbps line

Any help would be appreciated

I have similar problems although my epg data seems to be spot on all of a sudden.
    Now it only works on my phone though. I don't get the EPG on my firestick w/v15.1 and some channels take forever to load or not at all. On my phone everything is quick and every channel works.

After messing around for a few hours, I've finally got the EPG correct. Had to set to +1 and clear the pvr data. All good now .

What epg do you guys use? I'm using http://is.gd/NFPSFD but noticed some channels like Sky Movies Comedy have nothing. Is there a better epg?

Channels still take forever to load though. It's really odd that it's much quicker on my 4 year old phone! Might be to do with versions?

Finally all sorted! Upgraded OPENELEC to the newest beta version which contains Kodi 15.1. Channel changing is almost instantaneous now. I'm a very happy chappy

TV Addicted
    I have been looking for the "how to install OPENELC on an Android M8 box" not finding too many clear instructions, most show linux or windows or apple.

Did you download the zip file and then just install from zip ?

http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC...arm-5.95.4.zip

And then install it or did you use a different source?

Heck when I am googling this thing it almost seems like a mini Linux Distro ...
    Last edited by generica; 08-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.

I used this link http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC...-5.95.4.img.gz

I then downloaded win32diskimager to copy the image to a USB flash drive

rebooted the machine after this and made sure my laptop is selected to bootf from USB.

KODI 15.1 then just runs from the flash drive on my crappy old lenovo thinkpad x61

best thing is that the build is so light that i can run 1080p movies from that laptop when it has an Intel 965 gma card

TV Addicted
    Ok, so you are booting from USB on a laptop, totally different from using an Android Box, it's a matter of choice I guess ...

It sounds like a good choice too but I would rather not have to output from my laptop to my tv as I am using the Android box
    but I wonder if it is possible to use your laptop as the Stream source for you android over your home network.

I should imagine that it's similar for an android box except you'd need to download http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC...-5.95.4.img.gz for an ARM/android device. I don't own an android box but I'm sure you can place the image onto a USB flash drive and put it in the android box. You would then install from the flash drive.

TV Addicted
    I am going to have to check that out, I think the img file you posted is the update file and not the actual install image.

At any rate I would not want to zero out my boxe's image and have to start from scratch. Might be interesting to build out a mini pc
    to act as a tv box.

the is.gd links no longer work.. update your links to the new ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast