Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    still does!! and makes very good showing for itself at Camp Perry each year. That's how it earned its nic of "Black Magic". These competitions are at ranges of 600 to 1000 yds...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

just so you know, for my taste, I like building black rifles from the ArmaLite or Bushmaster platforms....again that's just me..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Pinball Wizard
    it was a good tv show it showed the M14 which he (father in law in the marines) used in Vietnam!!! maybe they have it in Kodi, I'll look it up!!

I'm very familiar with the M-14, qualified expert in Basic with it. Got to shoot the M-16 also. I much prefer the AR-10 .308 to the M-14, no contest there for me..

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Love ANYTHING 308!! I have a 308 enfield, It shoots military stuff okay, but does not like heavy commercial loads with a 168 grain. I like those for LONG shots!!

12icer...THIS IS A SAFETY WARNING TO YOU: The ishapore Lee-Enfield .308 is designed for Nato mil rounds at the pressures of 50,000psi. Shooting commercial .308 Winchester rounds often lead to pressures of 62,000. So for your safety and everyone around you when you use your rifle, I strongly advise you to stick to military ammo or if commercial is used please be aware of the pressures you are dealing with. Thanks and hope you continue enjoying the sport.....K00l

pls, check your pm's
    Last edited by K00lKatT; 09-08-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Yeah it took about two shots to figure that out like I posted. It did not like the 168 grain 308. I don't really shoot it much, It is just an unusual piece a most of them are 303 brit. I wondered If these were rechambered in 7.62x51 instead of being Built as a "308". I bought it from a person who used it to deer hunt. I have no idea how many time he shot it with commercial ammo, so I sidelined it after the second hard extraction. The majority of 7.62x51 has a 147 grain projectile, just the increase to 168 with the same powder load would make a lot of difference. Thanx for the heads up on the chamber pressures and limiits. I probably wont be shooting anything but handloads just to shoot {it if at all} at a lot less than the 7.62 147s and After I do a really good stress point check of all the parts. I just like it for the history, I wonder where it's been and who held it and shot it!!! One of the things gun control persons can't understand!! I wonder who's life it may have saved.

glad you saw my post and noticed the pressure indications. If you need any help don't hesitate to pm me. PLEASE don't re-load anything without the latest powder mfg loading manual, these can be found online. Again if help is needed, just ask. I would hate to see anyone get hurt, thks......K00l

you may find this an interesting read, 12icer..

Code:
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/308win/

Thanx for the link, a lot of good loads there. I find the best long range loads seem to be 168 grains they give good 600 meter bench accuracy with the Remington 700s I am going to get a single shot match gun with a probably a Sako, or Howa 24" or 26" heavy barrel and a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50mm to try some good bench loads I like to use a drug beam scale when I am testing to group them. I would like to get some to about 3 shots in a 1/2" at about 500m. If I get a good load I'll post it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast