Thread: MagTV EPG

TV Addicted

MagTV EPG

I hope I can describe what I'm trying to do effectively. Running a 582 with latest beta FW and Kodi 15.0 the box is running great. Using PVR Stalker in Kodi I don't really get any freezing and the EPG works great. I am testing/comparing usability of Kodi to the most current version of MyGica MagTV emulator and it too runs very well. What I can't seem to find on the MagTV is an EPG that works like the Kodi version. With Kodi the interface for the EPG shows it in a grid format with multiple channels with multiple listings at 30 minute intervals. With MagTV it seems you have to scroll through one channel at a time to see what's on. I realize you can arrow right to see an extended listing for the one channel but am I missing something in how to view it in the grid format or is this not an option in this program?

TV Addicted
    As an update to this old post that didn't elicit many responses I recently was playing with MagTV (ver 8.9.2) on my new 1900AC and accidentally stumbled across a way to bring up the onscreen commands that show the control "buttons" on screen. I did this using my KR-100 remote and pressing the ff or rw key. The onscreen buttons only stay on the screen for about 3 seconds but it was long enough for me to use the air mouse and click on the blue button. Wolah! A full guide in a grid format that shows 10 channels at a time for a 2 hour block. Scrolling right shows the next 2 hour block. This is exactly what I was looking for in my original post question. Now, the next challenge is how to make it show in this format without having to go through the steps listed above?
    Hope this helps someone else and if you find a solution please share! I do prefer MagTV over Kodi for ease of use and stability.

Junoir Member
    Please any info will help

TV Addicted
    Sorry, I haven't made any further progress. Hopefully someone will chime in.

TV Addicted
    I think the Mag app is what needs updating.