Pinball Wizard

Happy National Dog Day 2015

I will by taking my British Bulldog for a day at the park and a nice chewing bone!! Treasure your doggie today and here are

10 Reasons Why Adopting A Rescue Dog Is Awesome

1. You will save a life. 2.7 million dogs are euthanized in shelters each year.

2. Rescue dogs can make incredible transformations when they are adopted into loving homes.

3. Most rescue dogs are relinquished for reasons that have nothing to do with behavioral problems, and they are generally quite loving and gentle.

4. When you rescue a canine, you'll never want for cuddles.

5. If you adopt a dog, you'll be giving him the gift of new adventures and exploration.

6. Your other animals might actually be grateful to have a new pal, as shelter dogs often get quite a bit of socialization before they're adopted.

7. Every dog has an amazing personality all his own.

8. Dogs at shelters come in all shapes and sizes!

9. Choosing rescue dogs means that you won't be supporting inhumane puppy mills.

10. When you adopt a rescue dog, you've got a best friend for life.

Save a dog, you might be surprise and he might save you back!!

Rescue.jpg
    Last edited by Kimbo; 08-26-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Fire From Within

I initially thought about Hot Dogs and going over to the local Costco for the $1.50.

Pinball Wizard
    That is $1.50 hot dog and a soda can't beat that deal!!LOL

Fire From Within

Speaking of hot dogs... I read a story about someones dachshund on a leash getting eaten by a gator when the owners weren't watching... gators have to eat as well.

Pinball Wizard
    here is one of thousand stories of hero dogs:

Benjamin Jorden and his wife thought they had found the perfect babysitter for their son. They went through several interviews, and finally settled on Alexis Khan. For five months, they left their baby Finn, and their dog Killian, in her care.

After a few months, Ben and his wife Hope noticed that their dog was starting to act aggressively toward Alexis. The normally mild-mannered pup even had to be restrained a few times when she came in the door. Sensing that something might be up, Ben and Hope placed a tape recorder under the couch while they were away and discovered something disturbing.

Not only was Alexis verbally abusive to Finn, she was also physically abusive. When the cops were involved, the babysitter received one to three years in jail for her crimes. Had the Jorden’s dog not been there to warn them, something much worse could have happened to their son!

Please, always listen to your instincts – and your dog!!

Pinball Wizard
    Heart-Wrenching Image: Dog Keeps Watch Over Fallen SEAL’s Casket During Funeral

Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson was laid to rest Friday in Rockford, Iowa, where an estimated 1,500 mourners came to pay respects for the fallen Navy SEAL, including his dog Hawkeye. In fact, Hakeye’s loyalty to his owner at the funeral was visible, creating a heart-wrenching image as he laid down by the casket of his owner during the entire service

maxresdefault.jpg

Pinball Wizard
    Dog guards soldier napping at airport

Dog protector.jpg