Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge 2255

Hauppauge 2255

Sigh... My parents switched to Direct Tv 2 days ago. Which came with this genie thing, which has connection from sattelite/ genie HDMI/ TV HDMI or AV/ TV, now I'm having trouble connecting the mini genie to my PC using my hauppauge 2255 which has the coaxle input and av input. With dishnetwork I was able to use my PC as a DVR through the coaxle input. My parents have dvr service, but I want the ability to burn PPV events to USB as I have in the past with dishnetwork. Please help me out if possible.

Fire From Within

I see that the 2255 has an a/v input, so you can record that way. If you insist on using a coax input into the 2255, you need to rf modulate the output of the genie box to some channel that can be seen by the 2255. Usually, that mean taking the a/v output from the source through the modulator, so you only get the advantage of not having a long a/v wire run.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I see that the 2255 has an a/v input, so you can record that way. If you insist on using a coax input into the 2255, you need to rf modulate the output of the genie box to some channel that can be seen by the 2255. Usually, that mean taking the a/v output from the source through the modulator, so you only get the advantage of not having a long a/v wire run.
    I have the av/out for the genie (proprietary) and the av cord that came with the hauppage tv tuner (standard) but when connected using the red/white/yellow plugs together nothing?
    The other solution with the coaxle you gave, could you please explain even simplier 15yr noob here!!!

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Diji View Post
    I have the av/out for the genie (proprietary) and the av cord that came with the hauppage tv tuner (standard) but when connected using the red/white/yellow plugs together nothing?
    The other solution with the coaxle you gave, could you please explain even simplier 15yr noob here!!!
    It could be that the genie box is shutting down the a/v connection if the HDMI is in use, so you may be out of luck. To test, see what happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable from the box. There might be a menu setting on the genie box as well that you may have to set for the output. Older receivers and dish IRDs allowed for multiple output, the DTV box just may not have that option.

There are rf modulators that some people use to connect old tvs to their game consoles, using Channel 3 or 4 through coax. You can also get more expensive modulators that allow output on other channels as well. If you can't get output on the a/v from the genie, that option won't work for you.

It could be that the genie box is shutting down the a/v connection if the HDMI is in use, so you may be out of luck. To test, see what happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable from the box. There might be a menu setting on the genie box as well that you may have to set for the output.

Will test and post back. Thanks for the response and info!

Tried many different connection combinations and it still a no go. It works from box to tv using the direct tv av cord, but no luck to PC. Guess i'll have to go the torrent route for PPV Recordings. Which I'm really not allowed to do. [Shucks]

Thanks for the help Dara!

I see that the 2255 has an a/v input, so you can record that way.
    Got things sorted. Needed to download WinTV 8 then do a composite setup.
    To bad its only standard def and cant figure out how to use it with nextpvr, (hmmm)

Thanks again!!!

Fire From Within

nextpvr is a little tricky, if you are looking to use Kodi with it there is a tutorial out there to read... but not on this site. I have a hauppauge as well, just a single tuner version but npvr does work. Good luck with the nextpvr.

nextpvr is a little tricky, if you are looking to use Kodi with it there is a tutorial out there to read... but not on this site. I have a hauppauge as well, just a single tuner version but npvr does work. Good luck with the nextpvr.
    Ok, will check into it myself. I wanna be like you when I grow up. I wish you
    Would just spell it out, but I'm up for the challenge!

I would invest in a HDMI capture card to get a better quality picture... IMHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://iptvtalk.nl/showthread.php?20...agement-for-PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast