Pinball Wizard

Windows 10 Can Remotely Disable Your Pirated Games and Unlawfully Hacked Devices

August 17, 2015 0

Windows 10

The new update has just been around for a tiny span of time, and is spinning the controversy wheel, darting on piracy issues one after the other. Video game piracy, or counterfeit games as its called, has been a major issue in the PC gaming industry for a very long time. However, Windows 10 is the first ever version of Windows where Microsoft is pitching its marquee operating system as a service instead of a standalone software product.

This big change to Windows where it can delete your pirated games had not been noticed by anyone for quite some while. PC Authority spotted it and put into public light that Microsoft has changed the End User License Agreement (EULA) for the OS, which now allows Microsoft to remotely delete pirated software on your machine. “Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Services. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services,” states the updated EULA agreement. This means that, if you use Windows 10, a Windows phone, or any other service of Microsoft for that matter, Redmond can disable any games you’ve pirated. We see that the specifics of this statement are very unclear yet.

There have been many developers who have sought to avoid it by hard-coding impossible odds into their games, and having a purchased activation code on your computer can only solve those. An exactly similar issue is also now becoming prevalent on Android and iOS devices that are jail broken. However, under Microsoft’s new EULA, Windows 10 Mobile would be able to combat any pirated software a user loads onto their phone.

Windows 10 is a operating system that will span across different hardware categories -phones, tablets, notebooks, desktops, wearables, game consoles, and IoT hardware. Markets of India and China run pirated copies of softwares and games on a large scale. They have a wider scope and scale due to population, non-ability to spend on them, or sometimes non-willingness to spend on original copies when pirated are available for nuts, or sometimes even free. People even run pirated copies of operating system itself. We believe that is probably why Microsoft was also in a way forced to make Windows 10 a free upgrade including pirated users of Windows 7 and 8.

However, in this new updated agreement, we are yet to figure out how would Microsoft be determining whether or not you’re running pirated software. Even one’s privacy is at stake here as Microsoft will probably be keeping a close eye on your system and what type of hardware and software you’re running.

I guess i have to go back to windows 8 lol

Pinball Wizard
    I knew it was a matter of time before they start snooping around

Microsoft always been snooping now they just interfering with my stuff

well that sucks big brother is here to stay

Pinball Wizard
    I like 10 but this changes everything!!truly a game changer specially with the software part!!

get active
    I simply leave the side panel off of my PC......with the power off, I disconnect the Solid State Drive which has Windows on it, and use the same wires to connect another SSD drive which has Linux Mint loaded on it. Power it up, use Mint to access Kodi, load whatever you want and leave Windows disconnected.

Note: I do use Kodi with Windows 10 but I uninstalled everything I could and disabled everything else during the installation of Windows 10. After I installed Windows, I checked to make sure there were no Windows apps running and then downloaded and installed Kodi 16.1 which loads whatever apps I want, no need to use windows or let Windows control whatever you want. These are but two of several options to turning off or eliminating what Windows controls on your devices.

If you allow your internet providers to control where you go or what you do, they will. If you allow Windows to control your devices, they will. If you allow your Smart Tv manufacturer to control what you do via their installed software without reading the terms of all the licenses to all the apps loaded on your Smart Tv, than they will.

Easy to disagree to the license terms, use a PC and load what you want on the PC and use it to watch whatever you want, no license terms to agree to and nobody to control your devices or what you do with your devices. It all comes down to you and what you agree to and whether or not you want to allow controls on your devices.

Android devices are especially prone to controls especially with the manner of embedded software with further links to Google, one of the biggest control freaks out there and they use Google Playstore to do it. Then there's Amazon Playstore, Nvidia's store and Mickeyhop which is linked back to Google Playstore as is Nvidia... You may buy your box and your devices but you have to know who you want to control them and allow them to do it. I will admit android devices are owned by you but others control them.

There might be an exception to this with unlocked android boxes, not sure, but I'm going to find out.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 06-12-2016 at 03:00 PM.

you can always try this ~>
    Code:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3080351