Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: version 1.2.0

version 1.2.0

is it the new version?

Fire From Within

It isn't. It was modified to send out a now-blacklisted MAC to freeloaders. It also has a cache clear modification that will cause some users to have authorization issues.

See this post:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ll=1#post50971

I removed the addon and manually deleted all traces off it, but after reinstalling it from your other thread..https://github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker

It still comes in at 1.2.0. Is there another link for the 1.0.18?
    Last edited by xdetoursx; 08-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Tried it again and noticed that after the initial install right after the "enabled" message, the addon auto updates. I assume it then updates to 1.2.0.

Fire From Within

Yeah, you need to find the repo that is auto updating it, or turn off the auto update completely. Metal Kettle is one of the repos that has the 1.2.0 "version".

not a member
    If it keeps updating and you don't want to disable the repo or updates do the following.
    1. Close Kodi
    2. Download the official plugin.
    3. Unzip the the main contents of the downloaded file to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and overwrite everything.
    4. go to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and open addon.xml with a text editor.
    5 Change this line from <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.0.18" provider-name="esxbr"> to <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.2.0" provider-name="esxbr">
    6. Save.

Now when you open kodi it will not update as it already thinks it is up to date. At least until a new version is released.

Thanx Alucard. I tried it and it didn't seem like it updated, but when I check the Information screen it says 1.2.0. Is that because the .xml file is telling it that, but it really is 1.0.18?
    Last edited by xdetoursx; 08-15-2015 at 02:27 PM.

TV Addicted
    if its auto updated before you had a chance to turn auto updates off and set it to notify only then your best option would be to uninstall the version on there at the minute after that manually delete the plugin.video.stalker out of the addon_data folder this is because that folder will not remove when you uninstall an addon its kept there for easy reinstallation of an addon when thats gone startup kodi and reinstall iptv stalker 1.18 and since your settings are set to notify only you wont get the 1.2.0 version installing on its own

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by xdetoursx View Post
    Thanx Alucard. I tried it and it didn't seem like it updated, but when I check the Information screen it says 1.2.0. Is that because the .xml file is telling it that, but it really is 1.0.18?
    1.2.0 is a copy of 1.0.18 the only difference between them both is the names and inside the installation folder theres a folder called resources which holds an xml file thats been given this line
    Code:
    <setting id="portal_mac_1" type="text" label="30002" default="00:1A:79:12:34:78" visible="eq(-1,true)" />
    and that mac is blacklisted which changes once its installed. "plugin.video.stalker-master" <--this is version 1.18 & "plugin.video.stalker" <--this is the 1.2.0

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    If it keeps updating and you don't want to disable the repo or updates do the following.
    1. Close Kodi
    2. Download the official plugin.
    3. Unzip the the main contents of the downloaded file to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and overwrite everything.
    4. go to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and open addon.xml with a text editor.
    5 Change this line from <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.0.18" provider-name="esxbr"> to <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.2.0" provider-name="esxbr">
    6. Save.

Now when you open kodi it will not update as it already thinks it is up to date. At least until a new version is released.
    these steps are good steps but they only tend to work when you want an addon not to update the version 1.2.0 mirrors the github files directly regardless of the names theres many ways you can avoid the update easiest way remove the auto update and set the settings to notify even if you change the version on the outside it will rename itself back again the server.py and defualt.py both say to do a regular check via the github

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast