Thread: 250 vs 254

TV Addicted

250 vs 254

So as I posted before,

I have another question. I bought the 250. What is the diffrence othee then then upgraded ram? Will I se se diffrence between t two?

Is the firmware the same?

No other difference

MAG 254 is a touch more “agile " and loads a bit faster , browsing the pages of TV channels also a bit faster.
    A difference can be found only in critical situations, such as watching an HD channel while recorded transmission from another HD channel, and during that time browse lists EPG- programs.
    The hardware has some advantages that enable to be add some "extras " . The most interesting possibility , I think, is the availability of 3D- hardware decoder. It comes to "real " 3D (MVC, in blurey discs ) , not encoded in two half - frame left / right or top / bottom. Already many portals offer high quality 3D movies.

For live television , most memory allows to add long ( more detailed ) descriptions of movies and shows

TV Addicted
    Do you think I made the right choice with the 250? I'm not to concerned about the things you mentioned. And of course the 250 was cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by xbmcbg View Post
    MAG 254 is a touch more “agile " and loads a bit faster , browsing the pages of TV channels also a bit faster.
    A difference can be found only in critical situations, such as watching an HD channel while recorded transmission from another HD channel, and during that time browse lists EPG- programs.
    The hardware has some advantages that enable to be add some "extras " . The most interesting possibility , I think, is the availability of 3D- hardware decoder. It comes to "real " 3D (MVC, in blurey discs ) , not encoded in two half - frame left / right or top / bottom. Already many portals offer high quality 3D movies.

For live television , most memory allows to add long ( more detailed ) descriptions of movies and shows

I have 2 mag250`s over 2 years great boxes if you setup them up right.

MAG 200 is more than enough for this portal (my opinion)
    For those of you who want cheap MAG 250 and 200 (original Infomir) boxes, watch ebay - soon will be released more than 5,000 (items) second-hand.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nrules387 View Post
    So as I posted before,

I have another question. I bought the 250. What is the diffrence othee then then upgraded ram? Will I se se diffrence between t two?

Is the firmware the same?
    MAG 250: CPU 450 MHz, RAM 256 MB, HDMI 1.3
    MAG 254: CPU 650 MHz, RAM 512 MB, HDMI 1.4, 3D

Manfred
    Last edited by EPAPRESS; 08-17-2015 at 07:06 PM.