Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LOL, here's a before pic, 10/22 is Darren's on the bench..

008.jpg
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

M&P 15/22 here with 50 round drum. Might post pics later

Another day at the range. IMG_20151008_112439.jpg Mag holds 30 rounds and timed to 17 seconds to empty.

don't eat that one Rocky, lead poisoning....LOL
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Update: well, I was working on Darren's 10/22 receiver this morn checking the fit of the new synthetic buffer stake pin and found a crack in his receiver. I don't know how I missed this before but was working under artificial light and today had brite sun coming in. I had already drilled the rear of his receiver using the Brownell's Jig for this very job and didn't notice it then. Called Ruger and being the weekend didn't get very far with them but I think there won't be any help because of me drilling the rear of the receiver which they look on as a user modification. Got a employee at Clark Custom, though, and they think it can be repaired. Long story short I feel really responsible for this so offered to buy Darren a new receiver and of course he turned me down but I could tell he was really glad I made the offer. I have mixed feelings about allowing a repair to this type of problem and will prolly just get him a new receiver anyway which leads to the prob of the custom barrel from Lilja has an over size collar due to mine & Darrens measurements of the receiver opening for the barrel. Just another day in the life I guess. Will keep you all posted, thks.....

should get the new receiver tomorrow, gonna repl the bolt with a Clark custom one also...

Oh Happy Day, the Lilja barrel fits perfectly in the new receiver, which in this case is "drop-in" and not threaded. The slightly oversize collar of the Lilja is a perfect "interference" fit. Couple of taps to the crown of barrel with a small mallet, protected by delrin reference block and whamo!!. The barrel on this is refrenced by a v-block and held in place by two bolts to the receiver, this ensures the barrel is on axis w/ejector in proper place and front sight is ref. exactly on top properly. The new Clark bolt is an absolute perfect fit and I'm very happy this is working out well for me as well as Darren. Hope it shoots worth a hoot!!

update: well, near as I can tell, the rebuild is a success, all that remains is for us to take the beast to the range and fire it....

Probation
    my 10/22 The reason everybody and their brother has one is they are great rifles. I love mine. there are a couple others in the pic as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by aquadave View Post
    my 10/22 The reason everybody and their brother has one is they are great rifles. I love mine. there are a couple others in the pic as well
    Nice collection
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast