Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Post Fixing iVue Guide to work with IPTV Stalker ("failed authorization")

Here is a fix for everyone. Instead of sharing your Mac Address with members of forums to get a file "created" for you, you can follow these instructions I have created and resolved the issue I was facing.

Ok, since I have fixed myself, I will now spread the help, so here is what you do to fix the "Authorization Failure" message within the iVue Guide. Make sure you have iVue Guide Closed entirely before proceeding!

1. Get access to your "addons.ini" file. This might be located in a folder called "tvguidetecbox". If you are on Windows, just use the search function and search "addons.ini", and make sure the directory is somewhere in appdata/tvguidetecbox.
    2. Go ahead and download Notepad++ (it's free).
    3. Once you have your addons.ini file found, from step 1, Right-Click and "open with Notepad++".
    4. Notepad++ will now open and you will see a lot of text. Perform a search for "mac". You should get something like "mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3A10%3A10%3A10%22%2C+%2 2". Yours might vary, but will look like that. Go ahead and copy that information by CTRL+C. Open a Notepad doc and paste this for now. We will need this later.
    5. Now go to:
    Code:
    http://www.url-encode-decode.com[/url]
    and paste (CTRL+V) in the left box and click "Decode URL". You should now see text on the right-side box looking more understandable (should be a Mac Address like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX). Copy everything generated in the right-side box (CTRL+C). Now click the "Start Over" hyperlink to blank out the results.
    6. Now again, paste (CTRL+V) and change the numbers/letters (between the : symbol) with your Mac address you purchased from IPTV Stalker folks. Once complete, click Encode URL. Now you have your code on the right-side box which you will want to copy (CTRL+C). Open a Notepad doc and paste this for now. We will need this later.
    7. Head back to your open Notepad++ document that should still have the addons.ini open. With Notepad++ Selected, hit CTRL+F to bring up the find/replace window. Click the "Replace" tab. Now from step 4, we need to paste the ORIGINAL encrypted characters in the "Find What" field. Then we need to paste your code (with your Mac) from step 6, into the "Replace With" field. We're almost done...
    8. Click the "Replace All" button and then your Mac address will replace the original Mac address, which will allow channels selected with the iVue TV Guide to work and not show the "Authorization Failed" message.
    9. Make sure after the replacement step above, you save (CTRL+S) and close Notepad++.
    10: Now just overwrite the original addons.ini file with the newly created one you just saved. Open iVue Guide and you should now be up and running again! Enjoy!
    Last edited by dara; 08-09-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Fire From Within

Thanks. I c/p your post onto a thread that was created in the Kodi Files forum. Good stuff, I know the technically minded folks will appreciate it, and hopefully the not-so-much won't get too confused. I'm changing the thread title so its better understood.

--

Fast forward to this post...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6...ll=1#post59494

No need to change your adddons.ini, but you will be installing a modified IPTV Stalker.
    Last edited by dara; 09-02-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Thanks. I c/p your post onto a thread that was created in the Kodi Files forum. Good stuff, I know the technically minded folks will appreciate it, and hopefully the not-so-much won't get too confused. I'm changing the thread title so its better understood.
    No worries. The members at iVue wanted me to provide my purchased Mac Address so they could "create the file". I didn't feel comfortable with that so i did my own investigation and fix of the issue. Hope it helps others who might be having same issue.

I'm wondering how many users they have asked for there valid macs?

According to Facebook posting on their group page, at least 2-3 people have given out Mac Addresses to have a file "created for them" to have iVue working again. Not sure, maybe the guy is harmless, but personally I wasn't going to give out information to someone I don't know.

I take that back, if you look at every post, it looks like Mac Addresses are being shared without care. I don't seem to mind, because server guys can blacklist them. My donation dollars hard at work

i wouldn't give any info out to someone on Facebook

Yeah there are scammers on facebook, ivue should be looked at as well,also avov should be worried about there macs as well. If its true.
    Last edited by Bkman2020; 08-10-2015 at 01:05 AM.

Fire From Within

iVue makes a pretty good guide. If their developer wants to collaborate with papaio, he is free to reach out to the staff, and arrangements can be made.

Bkman2020 come look for me anytime you like if you find a bad word against me do show me.

ON MY GROUP in one post I said I would modify the ini file for 4 people i made them there file with instructions. I also noted that i didnt have time to do the write up as im rather busy replacing links and addons as you may imagine. and i wasnt going to answer the tech questions to follow on how to add this and where

the op knows this hes on the same fing post

IVUE have ceased entering macs into the guide system to circumnavigate the loop holes and will no longer assist anyone trying to renter. even though there are 2 ways that are working. at the moment

YES dara i have sent a few emails and spoke to psycon but hes away too like myself. i would like to intergrate the valid mac system into ivue. then those that have a paid donation can continue to enjoy the guide.

and for now well continue adding more channels and streamers in as we have for the last 18 months

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast