Angry Editing information on Papiao

I made a mistake on a mac id and want to change it
    i am getting an update error
    any suggestions?

Change it to something else update it then change it back to the one you want and it should take

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big dady View Post
    Change it to something else update it then change it back to the one you want and it should take
    I'm having the same problem. I registered my hardwired MAC address from my mag254 originally, now I want to change to use the WiFi MAC address so I don't have to be cabled to the wall. I can updated the existing (hard-wired) MAC address by changing the last digit by one, and it updates it. If I copy and paste, or type carefully in the new MAC address from the adapter it will not update to that value. I have confirmed the MAC address on 2 separate machines for this USB WiFi adapter (and it is printed right on the side of it) and confirmed in my existing router's DHCP table. When I check this MAC address using one of many MAC address validators online, it complains that it is not a valid MAC address...but it is for sure. I'm wondering if the papiao page is using some form of MAC address validation JavaScript (or other) that is not recognizing some of these new MAC addresses being issued now.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by gingi View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I registered my hardwired MAC address from my mag254 originally, now I want to change to use the WiFi MAC address so I don't have to be cabled to the wall. I can updated the existing (hard-wired) MAC address by changing the last digit by one, and it updates it. If I copy and paste, or type carefully in the new MAC address from the adapter it will not update to that value. I have confirmed the MAC address on 2 separate machines for this USB WiFi adapter (and it is printed right on the side of it) and confirmed in my existing router's DHCP table. When I check this MAC address using one of many MAC address validators online, it complains that it is not a valid MAC address...but it is for sure. I'm wondering if the papiao page is using some form of MAC address validation JavaScript (or other) that is not recognizing some of these new MAC addresses being issued now.
    It's really not the same problem. You can't use anything but the firmware MAC on a 254. Using a wifi adapter won't affect it, because the MAG 254 is sending the firmware MAC.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It's really not the same problem. You can't use anything but the firmware MAC on a 254. Using a wifi adapter won't affect it, because the MAG 254 is sending the firmware MAC.
    Thank you. I was worried about trying to connect and getting my donation blocked/blacklisted for accessing from multiple MACs. I fired it all up, connected over WiFi and everything is good. I appreciate the clarification.