Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Freeze internet and freezing boxes?

i have what may be an un-answerable question: why is it that the first thing stated when someone mentions freezing on their box,that the first response is to blame it on their internet service?
    it's really strange to me that i can sit and watch a movie on most of the channels in the 300 range and have very little freezing at all,but,when i try to watch something on mlb/espn/yesnetwork and a few others,i get constant freezing and even lockup
    to the point that a reboot of the box has to be performed! i know that we have come a long way with the iptv setup and think that the we are headed in the right direction. it just can't be everybody's internet at the same time when a 25m up and 25 down connection is doing same said freezing.
    i will get off my soap box now and wait for opinions from the experts.

I wrote it in another thread , but I'll repeat it here again - if the final user pays less than 0.20$ per channel, he should not complain about the quality. In fact, he must be aware that the low price is associated with low quality.

To get a high quality of all available channels which are available to you at the time, this means that NFPS must have satellite farms on the 5 continents and to maintain a minimum of one server on every continent, to do not collect the channels one by one among the available on the Internet.
    High reliability of the central system is a cluster of servers located in the data center of the highest class , with full redundancy of connectivity , power , air conditioning . All components are hot-swappable , and the system can be serviced and upgraded without disruption of services .
    I hope you now understand why I talk about 20 cents average price per channel.
    Last edited by xbmcbg; 07-26-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: adding info

I would thing NFPS and ROCKET could use dish and Direct....also SKY Satellite system to stream to its Customers.....Most of all those channels are what most people in North America want...that would give the best quality and uninterrupted .......As of now ..i don't know the source of most of there channels ......the freezing channels could be from sources they don't control...........it Rocket does not control the source ...then we will always see freezing and down channels........those type of channels can be obtained for free...downloadable M3U files

NFPS are proven professionals and they know very well what they do. In the twin forum I saw that their target are customers from South America and they comply with the reality that these clients have no access to the real internet with normal speeds.

Yes you can get most on M3U for free but you also would be going through 1000's of channels to find the ones that work on a daily base where you pay under 5 cents a day and over 90% of the channels come in. Yes some Channels do have problems but like they said they are trying to make it better. So my point is very simple how much is your time worth to you? Me i rather pay 5 cents or even a $1 a day then wasting hours looking through M3U list to see what i can watch everyday. And for that i for one say THANK YOU NFPS/ROCKET

I would think USA and Canada would be there biggest target and customer base in the Western Hemisphere ............Not Mexico--Central and South America...........

I have personal access to more than 1200 channels but daily look no more than 5-10 channels.
    I hope that soon NFPS will make packages of high quality channels for those of you who are willing to pay for quality, not for quantity.

The fact is no matter what NFPS do or don't do there will always be a group that will want more because they think about is them self and what they want and needs. NFPS/ROCKET caters to all and most of it is to the US but but they do have other countries and if you only look at the numbers of international channels in total it does look like it's more then the us but it's a multiple country not just one so it's not. As for Canadian's we do have great actors but must channels are US channels anyways and i for one put on my rabbit hears to get most of the locals that i see other Canadians asking for in true HD. so i don't see the big deal.

TV Addicted

Cool

Been watching close since the gatekeeper was activated. Very impressed. I see high quality picture on many channels. I too had some freezing. All I did was crank the buffer up on the thing by hitting the setup button on the remote. (Mag 254) I am at 15,000 milliseconds and freeze free. It will sometimes freeze or have out of sync sound till enough info comes down the line, but that's usually within 5 minutes. Then everything is fine.

Also have a list I made and added to with what I found online at a place I frequent. Over 800 channels of HD and SD. Even some from around the world. Last time I used a list, it was dated 2-17-2015. That list only lose a handful of 100 total channels by late May. If you know where to go you can get good lists. That said I only look at those as a back up in case the sub goes down. Or if there is a channel that is not offered with the donation. For example I like QVC.... But don't see it. But since that is a free one on satellite, I still get it.

With many networks sending as much as they can over the net, (Sat transponder time is very expensive,) it just takes a little effort to get a good channel list that can be dependable for months. And when it does go, then only a few hours and good to go!

So if freezing, play with the buffer. Second, make sure you are getting the speed they say. If not then pitch a B**** to the internet provider and have them send a tech out. Also read the fine print about your service. Many providers will "Throttle" the speeds during peak times so everyone can get service at those times. That could cause problems. As for me, I can watch the box, stream over the computer, stream from my satellite / IPTV receiver, Roam the internet from my laptop, and yak on my Magic Jack at the same time.... With only 6 meg service down! It did take a call to customer service. They installed a brand new line. (Copper DSL not fiber). After which they found "Noise" in the connection. Once all that was done, great service! until that was done, so so service. It was in my internet so could be in yours. Just something to ponder. Have a great day!
    Last edited by Digitaldan; 07-26-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added info, Spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast