Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Avov Vixo2 -DV1 - DV2 ports

Try this if you can, it will amaze you

Leave Vixo2 powered on, but disconnect it from server (exit the TV Online app)
    Connect the Vixo1 into the Vixo2 DV port.
    Hit the DV1 function on the Vixo2 remote and get the Vixo1 up and running thru that DV1 IN port.
    Okay now remove the power supply from the Vixo1

Frigging freaky isn't it ?
    lmao

I had tried the xbox on the DV1 port awhile ago and I had thought that the Xbox did get connected to internet even thou I had no internet connected to the xbox at the time. But I just sluthed it off as something I mistakenly thought.. if you follow my thinking. I presumed I was playing the xbox off-line, as I mostly do. The Vixo1 does not connect thios way thou, I have to connect it thru Ethernet separately.
    I will have to try that Xbox again, but not the power as it does have a large power cord and power box (and I don't wanna mess with that). But gonna try the internet connection thru DV1

I do have a weak power connection on the Vixo1 , it doesn't stay securely connected. Any small bump will disconnect the power.
    This does fix my vixo1 's weak power connection ... no more power cord needed for the vixo1
    LMFAO... fantastic.

I used the Vixo1 to do this with.
    But try it with any STB device, see if it works

I'll have to get that xbox and retest that and then make a post about that soon too.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

But what happens if you reboot it will it power back on using HDMI power?
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

no only that one

I figured it out accidently. I had the Vixo1 connected to Vixo2 and was playing with Vixo1 power cord (cause that damn weak connection), I was gonna connect the Ethernet after I unplugged and powered it back on (the Vixo1) and get the networking working....but I noticed when i bumped it and even banged it, the power never faultered. So then I pulled the power cord right outta of it and it stayed powered on. Imagine my surprise

I had to reboot the vixo1 after all this too cause I didn't have the networking connected at first when i figured this out.
    But the vixo1 had no power cord connected, how could I reboot it?
    I just rebooted the Vixo2 and the power went out on vixo1 too, naturally.
    Then when I booted the Vixo2 back up, the Vixo1 also powered up(still no power cord connected to it) Then set the vixo2 back to DV1 and presto the Vixo1 had it's networking corrected and working

I have seen HDMI cables in store advertise Ethernet included in the cable if you have device that is compatable never seen them say power thou.

Frigging fantastic , I tell yea
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

something new what about the tvonline box cant get any other box to work

I don't have that TVOnline box.
    I gonna try the Mag 254 next and then try the XBox again. That XBox I think was capable of connecting to internet thru the HDMI Vixo2's DV IN port, But I gotta recheck that to be sure, and like I said, I don't wanna mess with the power on the xbox, not gonna test that... I may start smelling smoke or something
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-17-2015 at 10:44 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

so all your saying is any device that can take power from hdmi will work just like the usb

update
    Mag 254 does not work the same.
    It does get a blinking power light but never gets power to boot up the receiver.
    Once I plug the Mag's power cable in, then the Mag works thru Vixo2's HDMI DV in-port.
    Gonna try to see if Mag gets internet connection thru that DV port next.

Okay disconnected the Mag's Etherent and lost TV... But when I disconnected the Power from MAG to reboot it, guess what? It stayed powered up. Steady power light and no blinking and with a menu showing on the TV.
    But soon quit working (lost power) once I functioned the remote.
    Since I still have the Ethernet disconnected on the MAG and it's connected to Vixo2 DV port, gonna test that now.
    ANd nope, no ethernet connection.
    So...
    - Mag works thru HDMI Vixo2 DV port but does need it's own separate power supply cord and Etherent.
    - Vixo1 works thru Vixo2 DV port and needs no power supply cord connected to Vixo1. The Vixo1 also needs it's own separate Etherent.

*****update # 2
    The mag seems a little messed up now thou, maybe not a good idea I tried the Mag with this. It's working but is doing strange stuff.

*****update # 3
    Mag was messed up from other reason ( I think messing with the power thru HDMi messed it up some) had nothing to do with DV connection itself.
    Just don't expect the power to work with the MAG thru HDMI Vixo2's DV, like the Vixo1 does.

XBox next on the list
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-17-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

use a very short hdmi cable

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    use a very short hdmi cable
    will do
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast