Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Space Pics v.3

Nice.....^^^^^^^^.......
    I gather darkness to please me...

great job ilan.

Thanks, nada...

Milky Way Over the Spanish Peaks

That's not lightning, and it did not strike between those mountains. The diagonal band is actually the central band of our Milky Way Galaxy, while the twin peaks are actually called the Spanish Peaks -- but located in Colorado, USA. Although each Spanish peak is composed of a slightly different type of rock, both are approximately 25 million years old. This serene yet spirited image composite was meticulously created by merging a series of images all taken from the same location on one night and early last month. In the first series of exposures, the background sky was built up, with great detail being revealed in the Milky Way dust lanes as well as the large colorful region surrounding the star Rho Ophiuchus just right of center. One sky image, though, was taken using a fogging filter so that brighter stars would appear more spread out and so more prominent. As a bonus, the planets Mars and Saturn are placed right above peaks and make an orange triangle with the bright star Antares. Later that night, after the moonrise, the Moon itself naturally illuminated the snow covered mountain tops.

Image Credit & Copyright: Martin Pugh; Rollover Annotation: Judy Schmidt
    I gather darkness to please me...

In Harm's WayOn May 14, 2016, an International Space Station astronaut captured this view of smoke billowing from wildfires near Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada. The fires have forced thousands of people to evacuate.

Well I receive my new telescope tomorrow hopefully I can show some picture in a few days.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Nearly as deep as the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, which contains approximately 10 000 galaxies, this incredible image from the NASA/ESA Space Telescope reveals thousands of colourful galaxies in the constellation of Leo (The Lion). This vibrant view of the early Universe was captured as part of the Frontier Fields campaign, which aims to investigate galaxy clusters in more detail than ever before, and to explore some of the most distant galaxies in the Universe.

Galaxy clusters are massive. They can have a tremendous impact on their surroundings, with their immense gravity warping and amplifying the light from more distant objects. This phenomenon, known as gravitational lensing, can help astronomers to see galaxies that would otherwise be too faint, aiding our hunt for residents of the primordial Universe.

MACS J1149.5+2223 is a galaxy cluster located approximately five billion light-years away. In 2012, it helped astronomers uncover one of the most distant galaxies ever discovered. Light from the young galaxy, magnified 15 times by the galaxy cluster, first shone when our 13.7-billion-year-old Universe was a mere 500 million years old — just 3.6 per cent of its current age!

In 2014 and 2015, MACS J1149.5+2223 was observed as part of the Frontier Fields campaign. While one of Hubble’s cameras observed the galaxy cluster itself, another simultaneously captured the spectacular scene pictured above, of an “unremarkable” patch of space. Referred to as a parallel field, this image — when compared to other similar fields — will help astronomers understand how the Universe looks in different directions.
    Release date: 23 May 2016,
    Last edited by Marley; 05-24-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Awesome...a galaxy shindig!

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253