AVOV or XBMC/KODI Box.

I understand this is a IPTV forum and I am looking to get into this hobby as someone who cut off cable recently.

What i am trying to figure out is what direction to go in. I have been suggested the best setup is to get the Vixo1 because it has similar xbmc apps along with the iptv features.

I do like to stream movies/tv shows. I was originally looking at android/linux boxes to run xbmc setup then stumbled upon the aVoV Vixo1.

I would like to hear insight from people who are familiar with both sides of this question to help with my decision.

Thanks!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    keep reading

I got my Vixo1 box today and thought I'd give an update to this thread in case anyone is on the fence like I was.

I will start by saying even without XBMC I believe this is a great box, maybe even better for those not really into the hobby but into channel surfing.

Everything is laid out very nicely. Easy to navigate especially when browsing through the list of apps and installing them. I can see the real potential in what the people at Mickyhop are doing. I cannot wait for more apps to become available (including xbmc).

Again this is after one day of using it. I have it hooked up to my modem directly (less then 5ft away) and my internet package claims speeds up to 30 Mbps. So far i have seen small buffering on some live tv streams and only second delays in opening tv links and maybe a 7 second delay in original buffering of a movie.

I believe this box was the right choice for me and I do think i will recommend this and the upcoming Vixo2 to friends and family.

I will continue to play around with it and yes crazed2.0 i will continue to keep reading.