Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

MAG 254 more stable than IPTV Stalker?

Im using the fire TV and IPTV Stalker and very occasionally some channels like NBA TV sutters a lot while other channels like ESPN doesnt at all. Someitmes watching a channel it wuld kick me back to the Fire TV home. I want to ask if buying a MAG 254 would be more stable than using a Fire TV for IPTV service.

Fire From Within

Probably. The MAG 254 does one thing... IPTV, while your Fire TV is running Kodi and probably some other stuff in the background. Your Fire TV may also have less memory working for it than the MAG. Someone out there could give you an unbiased opinion, based on direct comparison, but you usually get what you pay for.

i will tell you on the 15 but mag254 is only made for iptv

Junoir Member
    If anybody is using IPTV Stalker with Fire TV, let me know if you experience stuttering problems with NBA TV.

Yes, in a word, yes. Mag 254 is made to do this job

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    i will tell you on the 15 but mag254 is only made for iptv
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamscape View Post
    Yes, in a word, yes. Mag 254 is made to do this job
    The iptv stalker addon is also designed to do one thing and one thing only, to work with iptv services, kodi is displaying the image on screen, the addon is doing all the important iptv interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by bidoof01 View Post
    If anybody is using IPTV Stalker with Fire TV, let me know if you experience stuttering problems with NBA TV.
    yes nba lagss and just for the thread.. if its lagging on stalker its lagging on the box its all same guys its a server side issue.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorfox View Post
    yes nba lagss and just for the thread.. if its lagging on stalker its lagging on the box its all same guys its a server side issue.
    Yes its the same, I bought a Mag 254 thinking it would be better than Kodi but NOPE, exactly the same for me.

1. the addon itself does not play anything, technically.... it merely connects to the portal.. to authenticate and get the URL of the streams, Kodi does all of the playback..
    2. buffering issues tend to always be a server issue, not a player issue.. whether your using a mag, avivo, or Kodi based unit, they are all doing what they are made to do, play video, this is not a resource hungry process.. even the lowest end android device, with little ram can handle it.

TV Addicted
    I think Mag 254 if you using Mag 254 wifi vs. Android wifi box with IPTV Stalker .

I think the Mag 254 wifi streams more smoothly, freezes less and disconnects less frequently compared with Android wifi box with IPTV Stalker. But that is what I have experienced with my Android box compaed to Mag. 254.

Quote Originally Posted by bidoof01 View Post
    Im using the fire TV and IPTV Stalker and very occasionally some channels like NBA TV sutters a lot while other channels like ESPN doesnt at all. Someitmes watching a channel it wuld kick me back to the Fire TV home. I want to ask if buying a MAG 254 would be more stable than using a Fire TV for IPTV service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast