Thread: teamviewer

Probation

teamviewer

hello i installed teamviewer on few android tv boxes. i installed it on my pc as well ... the only controlling that i can do on the boxes is to uninstall apps. i can not have full control of the boxes and have full remote access.

i want to be able to access all the boxes remotley incase they require support

please advise

on pc yes android dont think you can like what android box how did you add the setup info
    Last edited by Marley; 07-02-2015 at 06:40 AM.

down vote
    Yes, it is possible to remotely control an Android device using TeamViewer, but not all devices are supported yet.

There are a couple of different apps for TeamViewer:

TeamViewer for Remote Control is the app that allows you to remotely control your PC from an Android device.

TeamViewer QuickSupport is the app that is needed to control your Android device from your PC. It will provide the ID necessary to establish the connection to your device. This app doesn't work by itself though. You will also need to install the appropriate QS AddOn pack for your particular device. If there is not a QS AddOn for your device, then you won't be able to control your Android from your PC with TeamViewer at this time.

shareimprove this answer
    answered Oct 28 '14 at 10:08

Wyzard

Also there are other apps which work more or less the same. My favorite is Webkey, but VNC servesr for Android also exist. Of course, these need root. – matega Oct 28 '14 at 17:14
    add a comment

up vote
    down vote
    The TeamViewer application for Android is just an Interface to connect to a PC and operate it remotely.

If you observe the Android application screen (TeamViewer), there is only input field where you need enter the remote PC TeamViewerID. But, it will not give you any TeamViewID for your android device.