Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Probation

Mag254 pausing/buffering/freezing

Hi all,

I am having some issues with my Mag254 iPTV box freezing / pausing etc.

I have decent broadband speed – the broadband was advertised at 36 Mb and I’ve tested it at home since the connection has become live at approximately 15 Mb as I recall (I can confirm this later tonight if its really key to the answer here).

I’ll let you know a little more about the freezing; if I am watching a 90 minute game of football (soccer), it will typically happen 2-5 times during the match and last about 3 seconds each time. However, using the movies section of the box, I think it has only ever happened once and I have watched about 20 films on the box.

I do think that different TV channels are worse than others. There is one channel where I think in a 90 minute game it was happening every 3 minutes and therefore it was unwatchable. I’m surprised this is happening. Could this be a problem with the supply of the TV feed, and not my end? I say this as the channels vary in quality, and as I think my broadband speed is very good, or certainly good enough.

Also, is there any adjustments on my box which I could make to stop this happening? I have a Mag254, it came with software pre-loaded on – and the ‘Infomir’ logo shows when booting (I am letting you know this because I assume it might tell you something about my software). I used the sticky link when I first turned on my box as to what settings to select, so think I have these set as described, although as i say software came pre-loaded.

Any advice appreciated. I am new to iPTV so if I can politely ask that you use simple terms for me, as I don’t understand the lingo yet!!

Many thanks
    Gabriel

You can reduce the freezing by increasing the buffer time of your box.

Probation
    Hi xbmcbg,

Thank you for this. I did try this and it did reduce the freeszing, but the sound and the picture appeared to be out of sync, which the picture being delayed by the buffer time. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again

Do you have а static IP address?

Probation
    I'm not sure how I would find that out?? Sorry! Can you direct me a little

Probation
    I think he means static dns. 8.8.8.8 is google so your mag would use googles dns servers for fqdn to ip resolution.

I too suffer from buffering so i will also give this a go and report back with results.
    My connection is gigabit ethernet to my firewall with all services such as ips, utm, av, etc. turned off for this host on a 75/75 fios connection.

If you have made the dns changes please also report back.

Thank you

I'm having the same buffer problems. Have you resolved this issue? BTW, I'm referring to playing Videos on the home network. Is there a buffer for this and if so where and how do I change it.

Did anybody solve this problem as I too have a similar issue I have had my Mag254 on a paid subscription for nearly a year and whenever I watch live sport and especially soccer streams the signal drops out/buffers and results in me having to reboot the box.
    I recently changed to high speed fibre optic (tested during the match and getting 94.76 mbps speed) yet still the signal dropped out resulting in having to reboot the box.
    I am at a loss to understand why my signal drops out so often especially during live sports streams
    Anybody got any idea's please

TV Addicted
    If you are on your home network, then you have a local network issue not a Mag issue. How are you connecting to your home network? I view things on my home network and have no issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast