Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Hackers and Crypto

There are many ways that hackers can and do steal from you.

First line of defense and the best line is to ensure you have a good anti-malware program on your PC, laptop or other devices.

Back in 2018 it was discovered how malware can infect your clipboard on your device. For instance if you copy a crypto wallet address onto your clipboard then what some malware will do is change a few digits in the address, so now the wallet address leads to one of their wallets and any bitcoin you send to that address (which you have on your PC's clipboard) will go to them.
    The digits changed will be seen at the end of the wallet's address and very hard to see the change unless you are actually looking for it.

Another deal back in 2020 was with QR readers. Some hackers were selling (online) QR readers that were actually a hacker's device. These websites that have not been taken offline yet may also direct you to Bitcoin transaction accelerator websites, which they (the hackers) also control.

There are many ways hackers try and steal from you, so protect yourself with some good anti-malware programs (although that QR thing had nothing to do with malware, that was a physical hack, which means the QR reader was a hacker's device... but it was just another example on how these hackers love to mess with your crypto).

I bring this to attention not because it is a new thing (as shown by the dates I mentioned), but because I have had a report recently about just this very thing. It was the clipboard malware thing which had infected an iptvtalk member's PC.
    He found it but not till after two payments he had made had not reached their correct destination
    Of course this person contacted the vendor (papiao in this case) but the vendor's only possible response is that they do not own that wallet address. That is all they could possibly say or know.

So guys and gals, invest in a good malware program, it's your best defense

disclaimer:
    Not all hackers are bad. There are hackers who do their thing in order to help and improve our world on the wide web.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-20-2023 at 10:56 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

great info. thanks for the information
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

that 2018 exploit is still working in 2023 on me LoL

Code:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malicious-kmspico-installers-steal-your-cryptocurrency-wallets/

that will teach me for using kms activator ;x
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

kms activator is something I've used, so far so good. Maybe I'm a "short timer"............
    "Glass Half Full Always"