best choice for less buffering - 500 dn or 35 down with vpn?

just curious

gigabyte modem and decent router I have 950 down with ookla on desktop using wireless
    two notebooks have around 500 down on wireless
    buzz 4900 hard wired gets closer to 450 down and drops to 30 to 40 using ipvanish most of the time

so the question is: which is better vpn at slow but fast enough speed of faster speed without vpn?

ideas welcome

buffering depends on many things, your server, your device, your setup, your network, your isp.....etc.
    here in Africa my speed is 5-7 Mbps and 98% I get good tv. so 30-40 Mbps with vpn still a lot.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    From 2017 :

Undoubtedly, some things probably have changed but at least You have another choice...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    just curious

gigabyte modem and decent router I have 950 down with ookla on desktop using wireless
    two notebooks have around 500 down on wireless
    buzz 4900 hard wired gets closer to 450 down and drops to 30 to 40 using ipvanish most of the time

so the question is: which is better vpn at slow but fast enough speed of faster speed without vpn?

ideas welcome
    I would try different servers in VPN.I use Ipvanish and I get on average 95% of my speed when not using a VPN.You're not even getting 10%.

? Do You have the Desktop, 2 Notebooks AND the 4900 "ON" All at the same time...???
    WWJD...!!!

big mac have tried servers closer to me like los angeles, san jose, even seattle and phoenix out of curiosity found of all things bulgaria was the fastest using 4900 but it says portal prohibited. usually uk, denmark, and others come in around the same

4Me2C mostly desktop and one notebook always on and sometimes nfps on buzz 4900

Are You Streaming on those others also...?!?

Check this out :

Code:
    https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-and-optimize-your-wireless-router-for-the-best-wi-fi-performance
    Maybee something in there about Settings...!!?

See if this Helps :

How to Configure Quality of Service (QoS)

As mentioned above, QoS is one of the most useful features for online entertainment. It allows you to select and prioritize the upstream and downstream traffic on your network, which can provide a performance boost for your favorite streaming service or online game. Most routers will have a tab in their app/configuration page dedicated to traffic monitoring. Navigate to this and find the QoS tab. Turn QoS on, and then you can prioritize certain services, such as online games or video streaming.
    You can also prioritize devices on the network. Years ago, this was usually done by supplying the device's unique MAC address and setting a priority level for that device. These days, vendors like Netgear are increasingly supplying more intuitive, graphical approaches to the same idea, as in the Manual Prioritization screenshot below.
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    big mac have tried servers closer to me like los angeles, san jose, even seattle and phoenix out of curiosity found of all things bulgaria was the fastest using 4900 but it says portal prohibited. usually uk, denmark, and others come in around the same

4Me2C mostly desktop and one notebook always on and sometimes nfps on buzz 4900
    I use San Fran and I'm in Canada.
    Login to your router and see if you have QoS in settings.If you do you can make LAN/Ethernet a priority.