Nascar Pool Diecast Winner

help on win 10 pro

I picked up this computer for my grandson to play mind craft here is the spic's

intel{R} CORE{TM} i7-4770 cpu@3.40GHz
    12GB 64-bit memory
    1TB Hard drive

It had a AMD 2gb radeon 280 video card in it .I have a GeForce gtx 1070 a to put in it so i had to put a cr500 power supply in it and the 1070 .the computer will not pick up the 1070 no matter what i do the 2gb radeon 280 video card shows as the card i took the 280 out .there is a program called GeForce experience that should pick the card up ..i had tried everything i know any help would be great

Have you the most recent video card drivers installed? Go to the MSI GeForce site and get their driver. Also uninstall the radeon driver and reboot with new vid card.
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Yes, I have tried all that, the drive will not install because it can't find the video card { GeForce}.radeon driver was uninstalled, but it will not go away it shows in device manager every time

sure video card is right pin set for that board. Check see if that board will take that card. If so go to add device when asked for drivers load them from your cd if you have it . If you dont have them get them from card manufacture .
    Last edited by Marley; 04-19-2023 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaang83 View Post
    Have you the most recent video card drivers installed? Go to the MSI GeForce site and get their driver. Also uninstall the radeon driver and reboot with new vid card.
    Also, you may need to use the Radeon software to remove the old video card driver.....it's a PITA but I have also assumed that the vid card you purchased is compatible with your motherboard.
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Thanks for the replies guys .the card did work, I put steam on it and downloaded two of my big games {American truck simulator and tomb raider}both games ran at 60FPS I just wanted the right driver on it .i should have left it alone .i ended up dropping a screw on the damn board and frying it lol .i ordered a new MSI 970 gaming motherboard hope it turns out better lol

dang good luck

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeKeeper View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys .the card did work, I put steam on it and downloaded two of my big games {American truck simulator and tomb raider}both games ran at 60FPS I just wanted the right driver on it .i should have left it alone .i ended up dropping a screw on the damn board and frying it lol .i ordered a new MSI 970 gaming motherboard hope it turns out better lol
    Youse suppose to un-plug that thar thing before tinkering around inside...!!!
    WWJD...!!!