Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time-Shift unstable

The only problem I have with the X5 is the time shift function. It works when I have recently powered up the X5. After a while it stops working or works incorrectly.
    I have noticed that if the channel has no EPG description entry, the time bar line with the circle at the end does not appear. If I try to shift back it does not work and sometimes goes into a loop. The pause button will pause the video for about 5 seconds and continue after that. If I reboot the X5 it will TS properly but will eventually deteriorate itself.
    I was hoping the lates firmware update would fix this but it did not !

Warrior
    Which player are you using?
    If there is no catchup symbol why would you expect it to work?

Do you have a TS symbol in the bottom right hand corner?Also you can only shift back to when you first started watching the channel.

The TS symbol is ON. I am using the PRIMARY player and as a matter of fact TS will not work with the BACKUP player. Also the VOD will only work with BACKUP player.

Quote Originally Posted by Trupillo View Post
    The TS symbol is ON. I am using the PRIMARY player and as a matter of fact TS will not work with the BACKUP player. Also the VOD will only work with BACKUP player.
    How long are you watching the channel before trying TS functions?

It varies, after a few minutes it should work ! When it is working (after a recent power up) I can watch more than an hour and shift back without any problem, but eventually it will stop working after changing channels. My previous box, a Dreamlink worked fine and if I powered ooff the TV and left the Dreamlink on, it allowed me to shift back after having powered on the TV.

It varies, after a few minutes it should work ! When it is working (after a recent power up) I can watch more than an hour and shift back without any problem, but eventually it will stop working after changing channels. My previous box, a Dreamlink worked fine and if I powered ooff the TV and left the Dreamlink on, it allowed me to shift back after having powered on the TV.
    Like I said you can only shift back to when when you started watching a channel.If you change channels and go back to previous channel you have to wait for it to record to TS.My Bell 9242 works the same way.

That is obvious ! When you change channels you lose the TS of the previous channel, but you should be able to TS the current channel after a few seconds and minutes !

That is obvious ! When you change channels you lose the TS of the previous channel, but you should be able to TS the current channel after a few seconds and minutes !
    And that's all you'll be able to go back.A few seconds and minutes.

I come back to same problems. I was hoping the last update would solve the timeshift and recording problems. The timeshift will work for a while and then stop working after a few channel switches. I have to reboot and it will work but then stop working after I switch to different channels. Channels that have no EPG descriptions are the ones that cause the problems. I also have problems with PVR recordings. If I try to FF it will always go to the beginning of the recording ! If I try shifting back it will also go to the beginning !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast