Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buzz models having issues with Video Player on certain channels

Lost NewsMax and many local channels as Baltimore, Las Vegas etc. Using the Primary Video Player error message "stream format not supported" All servers on NF** servers. Switch to Backup Video Player those channels work but the others that worked before on Primary Video player have issues now with audio loss after a pause of video or fast action scene. So. both players have issues now.

In checking other brand boxes as the Dream****, Matr***, Form** Z**, they all work fine on all channels using their Primary Video Player. This indicates there is an issue with Buzz Video Player Firmware after the recent change in channel lineup & service.

Please check your data and confirm>>>

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Lost NewsMax and many local channels as Baltimore, Las Vegas etc. Using the Primary Video Player error message "stream format not supported" All servers on NF** servers. Switch to Backup Video Player those channels work but the others that worked before on Primary Video player have issues now with audio loss after a pause of video or fast action scene. So. both players have issues now.

In checking other brand boxes as the Dream****, Matr***, Form** Z**, they all work fine on all channels using their Primary Video Player. This indicates there is an issue with Buzz Video Player Firmware after the recent change in channel lineup & service.

Please check your data and confirm>>>
    Are you using MAC or XC API?

Warrior
    You refer to a recent change in channel lineup and service. Please explain

There was a reformatting performed on Servers P1-7
    After this event, some BuzzTV boxes lost certain channels as Local direct as Baltimore, Las Vegas, and NewsMax when using the Primary Video Player. This happened suddenly. In diagnosis, changing from Primary to Backup on Live TV corrected those lost channels. however created another issue on the ones that worked. So it seems there is an issue on the Boxes, because I had complaints coming in and had to determine what happened. I was forced to try another Service on the same Box. That new Service different Provider has similar issues with some of their channel lineup indicating an issue with the Player in the Buzz units. I checked and could not find any updates to the VLC Player.
    Also remember that there is no issue with the older boxes as stated in another post above, again pointing back to Buzz Video Player can not handle the new formatting from multiple Providers.
    Buzz5 V20220923
    IPTV version 5.0.799

The Primary Player I believe is embedded in the Buzz Firmware, not using VLC, some people are using the Beta Firmware which I have been unable to locate and download.

Newsmax
    abc Baltimore
    abc Las Vegas

all working on primary. Buzz 4900 5.0.799. Mac authentication

There was a reformatting performed on Servers P1-7
    After this event, some BuzzTV boxes lost certain channels as Local direct as Baltimore, Las Vegas, and NewsMax when using the Primary Video Player. This happened suddenly. In diagnosis, changing from Primary to Backup on Live TV corrected those lost channels. however created another issue on the ones that worked. So it seems there is an issue on the Boxes, because I had complaints coming in and had to determine what happened. I was forced to try another Service on the same Box. That new Service different Provider has similar issues with some of their channel lineup indicating an issue with the Player in the Buzz units. I checked and could not find any updates to the VLC Player.
    Also remember that there is no issue with the older boxes as stated in another post above, again pointing back to Buzz Video Player can not handle the new formatting from multiple Providers.
    Buzz5 V20220923
    IPTV version 5.0.799

The Primary Player I believe is embedded in the Buzz Firmware, not using VLC, some people are using the Beta Firmware which I have been unable to locate and download.
    And you never will.No one using beta downloaded it.

Chief Ninja
    What did I miss. Where and what is the answer/ fix?

Joker claims his 4900 works on the locals & NewsMax using the Primary Video Player setting on IPTV 5.0.799, what Firmware Version are you on ? mine is V20220923
    I also have a U5 same issue.

Because the Player is embedded in the firmware I think.

Joker claims his 4900 works on the locals & NewsMax using the Primary Video Player setting on IPTV 5.0.799, what Firmware Version are you on ? mine is V20220923
    I also have a U5 same issue.

Because the Player is embedded in the firmware I think.
    Earlier you said there was a reformatting of the service.Care to provide a link where this was said?
    And you think the player(s) are embedded in the app?Of course they are.
    And it's software not firmware.

No one actually said it, an email was sent to me from the contact us link on servers website responding that they were working on issues. Many channels went sown server to server and when they came back on the next morning, this new issue arose out of nowhere. So, this issue reflects NF** working on the streams and created this new issue, because everything was working fine on Primary Server. My boxes performed no updates. Also, Buzz technical informed me also this issue was on the Provider side.
    After re-evaluation on other brands of boxes, only the Buzz units were affected leading me back to Buzz again. Everyone wants to point the fingers at the other guy, so I have to prove using data now where the issue actually is.
    There were others having same issue on forums. Only solution I have heard so far is the Beta version works.

Still need that answer from Joker. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast