Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

blockchain exchange recently sent me an email

We noticed that there is a Canadian address associated with your Blockchain.com account(s). Unfortunately, due to developments in Canadian regulation impacting custodians and exchanges, Blockchain.com is pausing the availability of custodial and exchange services in Canada. This means that your custodial account(s) will be closed on Tuesday 28th March 2023, and you will no longer be able to buy, sell, exchange, or earn rewards on Blockchain.com.

If you are a resident of Canada, you have the opportunity to move your custodial balance(s) to another Blockchain.com product and continue using your crypto. You can withdraw crypto balances to your DeFi Wallet.

If you are not a resident of Canada, please reach out to our support team with a proof of address.

As your custodial account will be closed on DATE, we kindly ask that you refrain from depositing funds to your Blockchain.com Account going forward. Additionally, please ensure that any Recurring Buy orders you may have created are canceled as soon as possible.

end c/p

I just checked and can not access my bitcoin thru blockchain website. It shows my balance but when I try to send I get a message stating I have no current accounts that allow this action.
    My bitcoin balance will always be mine as I have a private keyed wallet, but how to use that balance will be tricky
    Don't know what their DeFi Wallet is but I guess I will be learning.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-24-2023 at 03:31 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

That sucks bollocks.
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Quote Originally Posted by zaang83 View Post
    That sucks bollocks.
    sure does

They are pushing hard against private crypto.
    They been creating regulations a little at a time for a few years now. This latest is part of that.
    With every new regulation it's one step closer to the central banking and government in total control of our money and how we use it
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

thats sucks
    hope you did not loose much and hope you find alternate option.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Wing Commander
    Warren Buffet said stay away lol. There is way to many crypto options out there, its attracts crooks. Liberals are tracking Bitcoin in Canada, see it attracts crooks.

Bitcoin has been going crazy in the recent while.
    Right now it's at a all-time high of $72,197 per bitcoin.
    When the exchange I was using shut me down(the Canadian government actually did that), I had just over 30 dollars in my wallet. I think one bitcoin may have been at around $16,000 at that time.
    The amount of bitcoin I have (0.00205252 BTC), stays the same but the value changes. That same 30 bucks is now @ 148 dollars.

I have not lost this as I do have a private wallet. I just can't use it till I figure out how, without an Exchange.
    One day I'll look into it, maybe once the fiat currencies disappear
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    They are pausing bitcoin to give banks a chance to catch up. Fintechs are now rolling out their own crypto. If big banking jammed a pile of cash in my pocket I would pause crypto also. Trudy law 101

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    From March 1, 2024 :

Code:
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/investing/crypto-com-defi-wallet
    From 2022 :

Code:
    https://www.coindesk.com/learn/whats-a-defi-wallet-and-how-to-choose-the-right-one/
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    From March 1, 2024 :

Code:
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/investing/crypto-com-defi-wallet
    From 2022 :

Code:
    https://www.coindesk.com/learn/whats-a-defi-wallet-and-how-to-choose-the-right-one/
    I already have a wallet. It's my private key wallet. That's not the problem.
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    4me Knows You DO...!!! How many others do...?!? Those Links are for Inquiring Minds besides US...!! esp that 2nd One...!
    WWJD...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast