Register
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

'pricing data is missing'

I recently logged into my Wallet thru Blockchain(dot)com and saw my balance in dollars is at zero. It should be in around $100.00
    I can see my crypto balance shown in bitcoin currency, but it's inaccessible. I tried using it (as a test) but get stopped at the next screen, which says I have no funds.
    They say my funds are safe, but with all that has been going on with cyrpto, this gives me a few butterflies in my stomach.
    They say (who ever 'they' are), that your stomach has intelligence

The price of a crypto bitcoin is still relatively in around the same value it's been for awhile now, so nothing new or out of the ordinary there to see.
    I will keep an eye on this and report any changes.

There is a message onscreen, which is quoted below.

Pricing data is currently unavailable.
    When pricing data is missing we can not display accurate balance information. Rest assured our team is working on a solution and your funds are safe'
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

It sounds like IT is doing background work while live.So essentially that part is offline and unavailable.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    It sounds like IT is doing background work while live. So essentially that part is offline and unavailable.
    Been at work the last 10 hours. Just checked now and all systems go. I can not tell when it was corrected, as I was away the last while.

I checked the graph showing bitcoin value and it has been steady drop since about same time the blockchain site function became unavailable.
    But expanding the chart, this drop is not abnormal as seen thru out for example 30 days on the chart. still dropping thou at a steady rate (sorta).
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa