Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

More on Powerline vs WiFi (in Spain)

Hi, I have a MAG 254 in my apartment in Spain but so far haven't been able to get it working as I had the wrong sort of WiFi adapter. So I'm looking at the best options before buying something else.

My router is only about 10m away but it's an open plan layout and there is no way to get a cable across to it. So I know I can buy a WiFi adapter from the list on the Wiki page but is that the best option or would I be better with something like a Devolo DLAN 500 AVPlus -
    Code:
    http://www.devolo.com/en/Products/dLAN-500-AVplus
    I have read the other threads on Powerline adapters but none of them actually answer the question. I am pretty sure that Powerline would be a good option in the UK but I have no idea in Spain.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
    Last edited by Marley; 06-24-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedW View Post
    Hi, I have a MAG 254 in my apartment in Spain but so far haven't been able to get it working as I had the wrong sort of WiFi adapter. So I'm looking at the best options before buying something else.

My router is only about 10m away but it's an open plan layout and there is no way to get a cable across to it. So I know I can buy a WiFi adapter from the list on the Wiki page but is that the best option or would I be better with something like a Devolo DLAN 500 AVPlus -
    Code:
    http://www.devolo.com/en/Products/dLAN-500-AVplus
    I have read the other threads on Powerline adapters but none of them actually answer the question. I am pretty sure that Powerline would be a good option in the UK but I have no idea in Spain.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
    Try a cheap old router that is flashble with dd-wrt. Flash as wireless bridge connected to main modem and you have the best wireless device availble there.
    Last edited by Marley; 06-24-2015 at 03:28 PM.

If you want to experience pleasure from watching TV not buy anything cheaper or DIY, and comply with prescribed by the manufacturer. I use a good quality Powerline adapter and MAG is working very well on the good portals.

I agree or you can get the aura hd wireless dongle.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the replies. Presumably the Powerline will be more reliable that the Dongle? The Broadband is only 6-8 meg so I want the best signal I can get.

me i use cheap wireless usb dongle like 7 bucks on my mag but thats here in states should not make a difference here 5 bucks and i'm 75 ft away
    Code:
     http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261449251697?lpid=82&chn=ps
    Last edited by Marley; 06-24-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Warrior Member
    I use an old powerline I picked up at a thrift shop for a few buck. I use it for four devices with the second router turned switch. I have no problem with using the powerline. Just make sure you have it attached directly to the wall socket.

I have a DLink 835 in the house and use that for my SV8KHD...so after reading about wireless connections I have purchased a D-Link N600 dual usb adapter..read the info's and now it said that I should not have any other WiFi running in the house...so what is the proper way to see the mag in others rooms in the house...HELP...thanx

h4e

Warrior Member
    Once the powerline is on the power line of your home, as long as it's the same power source, you can add extra powerlines for output. One in several out.

Could you be more lame please so I could understand ...I need to go wireless not hard wired like on my SVHD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast