3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Anyone driving any EV things...?!?

Might want to Check this out even though it happened awhile back :

Code:
    https://medicalkidnap.com/2023/01/21/shipping-company-prohibits-ev-cars-on-ferries-after-ship-sinks-from-fire-caused-by-ev-batteries/
    The Felicity Ace had 3,828 cars on board when it burned and sank, many of them high-end luxury vehicles.

[Last year], there was a cargo ship that caught fire and eventually sunk in the Atlantic Ocean. Called the Felicity Ace, the vessel was reported to have carried thousands of vehicles, including European luxury cars like Porsches, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys.

But apparently, there were also some rare and irreplaceable vehicles that were onboard the ship when it sank off the coast of Portugal. The ship’s manifest was available on the ImportInfo website, and we were able to confirm all the lost makes and models. Going through all of them might be too much of a hassle, so we narrowed it down to mentioning the most notable ones. Are your tissues ready?
    WWJD...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I saw recently that there was at least one insurance company that are refusing to insure transport ships if they are carrying electric vehicles.
    I was trying to find the article again but seems it must be buried in the social media some place and Mainstream media are certainly not carrying the story

Electric Cars are not the answer in any equation.

The batteries spontaneously start of fire, so it seems.
    The cost to replace a dead battery is crazy high (upwards of $25,000).
    Charging these cars has turned out to be a royal pain in the you know what.
    Try charging one of these in our Canadian winter, forget it. The car will tell you it is warming the battery before charging, Three days later the same message is onscreen and the battery still has not even started to be charged. Then if you do get a full charge on the battery (after many days) you will get maybe 300 km of range before you would need to re-charge the batteries. I'd be out of a job if I owned one of these EVs, for certain. Sounds great doesn't it ?
    The environmental and economic costs to produce these batteries far exceeds any benefits.
    You can slow charge a battery or fast charge a battery. With all things in harmony (the weather, the charger and etc), then a fast charge may be a couple or a few hours. BUT there is a catch. Fast charging any battery will reduce it's life expectancy. Since these cars will be computer chipped with every system onboard, then the insurance companies will know how many times you have 'fast' charged your battery and your insurance costs will reflect that. And if they figure you have fast charged too many times then no coverage for you.

Too bad about them gas vehicles (them classics) had to go down with the ship.... damn electric cars !

I forgot to mention that recently the mainstream media has been promoting a news story about a EV (a Tesla) had drove off a cliff and dropped some ungodly distance to the valley below. The driver survived !
    Now isn't that wonderful. The car is a piece of junk as far as usability is concerned, but hey, if you ever drive off a cliff, you just might survive !
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-22-2023 at 10:33 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Heck i want hydrogen car can drink beer and fill it up .

Wing Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    I saw recently that there was at least one insurance company that are refusing to insure transport ships if they are carrying electric vehicles.
    I was trying to find the article again but seems it must be buried in the social media some place and Mainstream media are certainly not carrying the story

Electric Cars are not the answer in any equation.

The batteries spontaneously start of fire, so it seems.
    The cost to replace a dead battery is crazy high (upwards of $25,000).
    Charging these cars has turned out to be a royal pain in the you know what.
    Try charging one of these in our Canadian winter, forget it. The car will tell you it is warming the battery before charging, Three days later the same message is onscreen and the battery still has not even started to be charged. Then if you do get a full charge on the battery (after many days) you will get maybe 300 km of range before you would need to re-charge the batteries. I'd be out of a job if I owned one of these EVs, for certain. Sounds great doesn't it ?
    The environmental and economic costs to produce these batteries far exceeds any benefits.
    You can slow charge a battery or fast charge a battery. With all things in harmony (the weather, the charger and etc), then a fast charge may be a couple or a few hours. BUT there is a catch. Fast charging any battery will reduce it's life expectancy. Since these cars will be computer chipped with every system onboard, then the insurance companies will know how many times you have 'fast' charged your battery and your insurance costs will reflect that. And if they figure you have fast charged too many times then no coverage for you.

Too bad about them gas vehicles (them classics) had to go down with the ship.... damn electric cars !

I forgot to mention that recently the mainstream media has been promoting a news story about a EV (a Tesla) had drove off a cliff and dropped some ungodly distance to the valley below. The driver survived !
    Now isn't that wonderful. The car is a piece of junk as far as usability is concerned, but hey, if you ever drive off a cliff, you just might survive !
    Wow you must live in a oil province lol. Oils not flammable? anyways salt water is a problem for electric vehicles and they knew that when they loaded them on board. Im not against EV's just the time frame the Democrat's are jambing them up are arses. Buddy who drove of a cliff is lucky there was not ocean water at the bottom. lol

I like gas propelled vehicles and don't see an EV in my near future.
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
    Wow you must live in a oil province lol. Oils not flammable? anyways salt water is a problem for electric vehicles and they knew that when they loaded them on board. Im not against EV's just the time frame the Democrat's are jambing them up are arses. Buddy who drove of a cliff is lucky there was not ocean water at the bottom. lol

ahhhh, I Never knew the salt water issue. they don't always tell us everything... lol, this we know

Yes to the oil province question
    And I worked in the oil patch for about 26 years. Drilled 100s and 100s of wells.
    I retired from them Drilling Rigs sometime ago. I did not like where it all was heading and along with the shortages of work that seemed to be more and more often.

I had a gas vehicle burn down on me when I was a younger. It was a 1973 Chrysler Newport. The muffler fell off and was dragging down the highway. I pulled over and got stuck in the ditch and the dry grass around the car started of fire from the hot muffler pipe. I ran like hell, and when a little ways away the car went bomb and burned to the ground.

But them EVs have issues, other then fire, that need to be resolved before they would be practical.

EVs run on fossil fuels too

Here they are loading coal trains to power the Electric grid which the EVs get plugged into

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-25-2023 at 10:36 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    My sister bought a 4 yr old tesla in the summer. She had a door handle issue break, called it in and a service vehicle came to her door and repaired it on the spot. Her total cost per mth to operate it is $20.00 in hydro. Now that the weather is below zero it will be interesting to see the performance and cost changes. She ordered a new one a few weeks ago $250.00 to place a order,pick a color etc. Im going to drive my vehicles into the ground and not buying anything till I see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
    My sister bought a 4 yr old tesla in the summer. She had a door handle issue break, called it in and a service vehicle came to her door and repaired it on the spot. Her total cost per mth to operate it is $20.00 in hydro. Now that the weather is below zero it will be interesting to see the performance and cost changes. She ordered a new one a few weeks ago $250.00 to place a order,pick a color etc. Im going to drive my vehicles into the ground and not buying anything till I see where this is going.
    Sounds good so far for your sister

Try and let us know how her Tesla experience continues to play out.
    - Frank Zappa