Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to keep Categories List on "ALL" channels

BuzzTV X5 AX Special Edition
    How to keep Categories List on "ALL" channels. Every time I change channels the categories changes to whatever category that channel is in and is stuck there until I go and change back to "ALL" again. I can't find a lock option to lock to "ALL" Categories.

go to all Channels and click on any channel other than thats currently playing. now exit and it should stay in all.
    to hide categories press ok button button playing live tv, then left arrow, then green button for organize categories, the press yellow to hide individually or press red button to hide/unhide all. if you dont have same options as mine that mean you dont have beta version as mine so after bringing up categories just look at the bottom and follow collor coded buttons.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by jbana View Post
    How to keep Categories List on "ALL" channels. Every time I change channels the categories changes to whatever category that channel is in and is stuck there until I go and change back to "ALL" again. I can't find a lock option to lock to "ALL" Categories.
    You can't lock to All Channels or any other category.You have to press left arrow button and select All or whatever category you wish to view.

Thank you for your help. Followed your advice below & it worked.
    Go to all Channels and click on any channel other than that's currently playing. now exit and it should stay in all.

cool beans
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Guide Categories went back to whatever category you were watching. For example News & Bussiness.
    Then you have to go to Categories to change to ALL categories to get all the guide.
    It would be better to have Categories Locked on ALL, then having to change the guide constantly.
    My BuzzTV XRS4500 with Buzz 5 locks on ALL.

Guide Categories went back to whatever category you were watching. For example News & Bussiness.
    Then you have to go to Categories to change to ALL categories to get all the guide.
    It would be better to have Categories Locked on ALL, then having to change the guide constantly.
    And what happens when you change category and watch a few channels?
    You're saying it goes back to all?

I forgot to ask.
    Why do you think it would be better to always go back to All Category?
    If I want a different category I just press Categories button on my remote or press OK and Left Arrow buttons.
    If it always left the category I was in I would be pissed.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    If it stays on say favorites and you want something not in favorites you will have to go through the whole process of going to all then selecting and entering something else if it does not automatically reset to all.

If you are on Favorites it will stay there if you are just viewing there and have opened two channels in Favorites.

It stays in the category you are viewing if you do two consecutive channels as long as you do not input a channel number that is out of the genre, if you change by putting in a number it will go to that category.

If you just remember a unique channel number in each category you can input that channel and then go to another in the same one and it will stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    If it stays on say favorites and you want something not in favorites you will have to go through the whole process of going to all then selecting and entering something else if it does not automatically reset to all.

If you are on Favorites it will stay there if you are just viewing there and have opened two channels in Favorites.

It stays in the category you are viewing if you do two consecutive channels as long as you do not input a channel number that is out of the genre, if you change by putting in a number it will go to that category.

If you just remember a unique channel number in each category you can input that channel and then go to another in the same one and it will stay there.
    Not if you have Group Channel Renumbering turned on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast