**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - Aug 24th, 2023

c/p

New Update
    Aug 24th, 2023

Firmware V20230815 Changes:

UPDATE TAKES UP TO 20 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK

Firmware Changes:

- Added Network Share Feature to Buzz Utilities
    - Added New Auto Frame Rate Feature to Buzz Utilities- Updated to Latest SDK
    - Fixed Wifi Bugs
    - Fixed Suspend Feature in Power Off Options.- Updated preinstalled apps- Fixed a bug with HDMI Passthrough on 5.1 and 7.1 Audio
    - HDMI CEC a bug was fixed affect a few TV brands
    - HDMI CEC settings menu was reconfigured layout and added a secondary Virtal CEC ( for older TV's or TV's that do not have proper HDMI levels )
    - Fixed Server Button on Remote Controls not working from the Home Screen.

V884 Buzz TV 5 App
    Changes:

- Added New Fav Groups Feature to Live + VOD + TV Series- Added New Backup/Restore Feature to Configuration Menu- Added 9 New Languages to Configuration Menu
    - Added more Aspect Ratio Options to Subtitles and Options Menu (Green Button)- Fixed a bug on Backup Player not automatically playing the next TV Episode in VOD/TV Series
    .- Fixed Password Lock Feature for Adult Content on VOD + TV Series- Fixed a TV Series bug with missing Episodes
    - Fixed a bug when powering back on into Live TV- Fixed a bug for servers with 10,000+ Channels- Fixed a crash bug when changing categories/channels
    - Fixed a bug on MAC Servers getting stuck on loading channel list.- Fixed some XC Login API bugs.- Fixed a bug with Date/Time on Modern Home Screen
    - Fixed a bug with Catch-Up not working past one day on some servers- Fixed a bug on missing EPG Descriptions on some servers
    - Fixed a bug when hiding All Categories and not being able to get any categories back
    - Optimized App Performance.
    - Updated MAC to FAST EPG API
    - Optimized EPG for MAC + XC Login Servers
    - Fixed a bug with some XC Login Servers getting False Error after logging in
    - Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi
    - Fixed a Restore Bug
    - Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi
    - Minor Bug Fixes
    - Fixed an EPG bug in Channel list, underneath Channel Name
    - Fixed some crashes
    - Fixed missing Movie Trailers on VOD
    - Fixed a crash with Scheduled Recordings.
    - Fixed a bug on MAC servers not locking Adult Channels in the All Category of Live TV
    - Optimized EPG Loading for MAC Servers that don't use Fast EPG API
    - Fixed Search by Channel Number when group numbering turned on
    - Minor Bug Fixes
    - Fixed a rare crash when changing sort option in Radio
    - Updated TMDB API, fixed a minor issue caused by the recent TMDB API changes
    - Fixed Fav Channel Group renumbering issue
    - Fixed a Playback bug on HLS Streams
    - Fixed a bug when unhiding categories in Organize Categories
    - Fixed a Menu Highlight Bug on the last category of VOD Home.
    - Fixed a Recording bug on M3U with 2+ Connection
    - Fixed an XC Login XML EPG Bug
    - Fixed a bug with missing Movie/TV Posters on VOD + TV Series
    - Added Channel Rename Feature to Fav Groups
    - Fixed bug with EPG missing underneath channel names in channel on XC login
    - Fixed a recording bug on some codecs.
    - Added Fast Login to XC Login in Configuration and Server Settings
    - Added Stream Format + EPG Type to XC Login in Server Settings
    - Added Radio section to XC Login Servers which have Radio Categories in Live TV
    - Added Automatic Stream detection to XC Login in Stream Type
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    3 minutes to prepare system and then 6 to 7 minutes to install update and then a reboot.
    Total time was approx 12 minutes from start to finish.

I have issues with my HDMI and this cheap TV I am using.
    I have always had the random issue where the TV looses HDMI signal from the device, but it has always fixed itself, with rarely a reboot needed.
    But this time after the install and reboot, the issue is not fixing itself. I did see the Buzz screen come and go a few times, till it now does not come back at all, and with just blue TV screen with the lose of signal message showing.

I know this issue is mainly because of this cheap TV as it happens every now and again, but since the update my HDMI signal is not being recognized by the TV.
    It did briefly but nothing since.

Tried the AV connection but nothing there, no signal, not even briefly.

Will try another HDMI cable for results and report back.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-24-2023 at 10:19 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

okay so I connected to another TV thru HDMI and have no issues at all.

SO yea as I suspected the problem does lie in this cheap TV , but it was fine till the update.
    I guess the update finally put my cheap TV out of commission by not recognizing the HDMI any longer when connected to the X5

update:
    The XRS4900 model still works with the same HDMI connection on this cheap TV (same HDMI cable that was giving issues with the X5).
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-24-2023 at 10:31 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

- HDMI CEC settings menu was reconfigured layout and added a secondary Virtal CEC ( for older TV's or TV's that do not have proper HDMI levels )

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    yea I just saw that.
    Gonna try that now.

thnx
    - Frank Zappa

Settings > Device Preferences > Display & Sound > HDMI-CEC Power Key Settings

There we find the original CEC Switch function (Allow TV to control STB) set to ON
    Looking further down I see ...
    1. Virtual CEC Switch
    2. Virtual CEC Switch V2

To switch the first Virtual Switch to ON, first we must switch the original CEC Switch Off.

So I tried with the first Virtual Switch ON but no results. So then tried with second Virtual Switch ON but no results.

note:
    The main CEC Switch must be Off for the Virtual Switch to function. And the first Virtual Switch must be On for the second Virtual Switch to function. This ends up with both Virtual Switches On with no way to turn the first one Off.

But anyway, there is a note there too that says... 'Results May Vary'
    My results show no results

note:
    Without a second TV I would not have been able to access this CEC function, due to the fact that the cheap TV would not show the Buzz menus, just that blue screen of death
    And for some reason the AV connection does not work as mentioned earlier (first time I tried that connection so I have no reference if it ever worked).
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-24-2023 at 10:58 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

try to switch display resolution from auto to off and pick one of the lowest then try to connect to cheap tv and see if that works.
    Last edited by Ryu; 08-24-2023 at 11:29 PM.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    try to switch display resolution from auto to off and pick one of the lowest then try to connect to cheap tv and see if that works.
    will do , but later this evening.
    I am just leaving the house now for a fun filled night at work
    - Frank Zappa

cool beans. have a safe night broddaa

The Resolution setting did not help the CEC -HDMI thingy.

Had also noticed that after the update the volume did not work.
    We had a similar thing happen awhile ago and the fix was to set 'Force Max Volume' to either On or Off
    I checked and this one was set to On , so I set it to Off and the volume function is now working again.

Settings > BuzzTV Utilities > Volume Control > Force Max Volume > Off
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-25-2023 at 05:42 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast