Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recording

Junoir Member

recording

When I record a PPV movie channel, it appears to record it ok, but won't play it back. When I go fast forward everytime I hit the key it advances 10 seconds. It appears that the movie is all recorded ok, and there is no choice on the PVR for video players. I bought the buzz TV X5 because I only got one eye, and can only watch TV for 1/2 hour or so at a time.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Weed View Post
    When I record a PPV movie channel, it appears to record it ok, but won't play it back. When I go fast forward everytime I hit the key it advances 10 seconds. It appears that the movie is all recorded ok, and there is no choice on the PVR for video players. I bought the buzz TV X5 because I only got one eye, and can only watch TV for 1/2 hour or so at a time.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    If you want to fast forward more than 10 seconds you have hold button.
    If you for example watch 30 minutes of a 1 hour recording when you go back to recording it will give you the option to resume or start over.

Junoir Member
    Thanks but it's the regular speed button I can't get to work. When I push play, nothing happens. I know you can move ahead fast forward, but I soon as I hit play it won't move. It stays at the same spot on the movie and won't continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Weed View Post
    Thanks but it's the regular speed button I can't get to work. When I push play, nothing happens. I know you can move ahead fast forward, but I soon as I hit play it won't move. It stays at the same spot on the movie and won't continue playing.
    It's a play/pause button.If it isn't playing that means you paused it.

Junoir Member
    Thanks but we are talking about two different things. I only talked about the fast forward to show that the movie was recorded, and the box could read it. The play button will not play it.
    If I record a movie from the Prime channel, it works fine. It won't play back recorded PPV movies.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Just tried recording onto an external disc drive (thru the TF slot) and onto Internal drive as well.
    Using a PPV channel.
    Both recorded and both had normal playback.
    I have not changed any settings and should all be on default.

What size of drive are you using ?
    This one is a 32GB
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    Just tried recording onto an external disc drive (thru the TF slot) and onto Internal drive as well.
    Using a PPV channel.
    Both recorded and both had normal playback.
    I have not changed any settings and should all be on default.

What size of drive are you using ?
    This one is a 32GB
    I am using and android Buzz TV X5 with 128gig hard drive. Also, I tried a 128 gig SD card in the TS slot. It has the same problem on both. It seems to record it, but not play it back.
    My old buzz box would record PPV to the SD card and play back, but the X5 won't.

Junoir Member
    Does PPV channel Jurassic World play back when you record it? I just tried channel 79 that has a Netflix film and it works.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    here also using the Buzztv X5 128 model.
    With 32GB SD card (TF slot).

The PPV I tried was Pearl

Just tried Jurrasic and got an error message when trying playback.
    Trying again.
    Keep getting Decoder error message on that channel when trying playback.

Retried Pearl again, and it records and playback is fine.

79 channel 'Rogue Agent' records and playback is fine also.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-14-2023 at 12:53 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I get no error messages, it just won't play it but you can see it's been recorded. Channel 2 is another one that doesn't work for me.
    Thanks for trying to help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast