Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Baseball Chronicles

There was a time I never missed one of my favorite teams baseball games.
    I think maybe 25 years ago or so, I kinda lost interest.
    The 1991 and 1992 seasons were my best memories , that's when the BlueJays of Toronto won back to back world Series Championships.

Baseball has heritage, mostly American but it had trended off into Canadians too
    I can't remember a time without baseball.

There is a Ken Burns video documentary in a 9 part series (9 innings). That is a great series too, and I owned it in one form or another over these many years.

There is also a great book (chronicle style).
    Between the two a person could know all there is to know about baseball and maybe a bit more too

2Oth Century Baseball Chronicle
    A year-by-year History of Major league Baseball

My family gave me this book maybe 30 years ago. It's been through some times, even had to have it rebound awhile ago. That 'duck' tape does wonders
    By the way, no ducks were harmed or killed in the fixing of that book

I recommend this Book of Baseball Chronicles to any baseball fan!
    The Ken Burns 9 Inning video series is good too.

Did you know that in 1902 Nig Clarke went 8-for-8 with 8 HomeRuns !
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

quiz
    Who is pictured in very top left photo on the book cover ?

A true baseball fan would get this in an instance
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    quiz
    Who is pictured in very top left photo on the book cover ?

A true baseball fan would get this in an instance
    The picture is too small to see who it is but I will guess Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    The picture is too small to see who it is but I will guess Wells.
    nope
    Not David Wells
    - Frank Zappa

look at his stance . looks like that LA pitcher coming at yea... What's his name ? Sandy Kovacs !!
    But it ain't him.

Think of an 'express' freight coming at yea.

and
    Look at the hat
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-02-2023 at 01:42 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

while you ponder on that...

In 1961 Babe's HR record was broke by Rodger Marris.
    Whitey Ford also broke a Babe record that year. What was it ?
    - Frank Zappa

that's a young Ted Williams at top right, with the bats on his shoulder. Even in the small picture, who is the guy in the photo to the left of Ted ? The black and white photo with 2 guys, one guy from the cardinals birds, but who is the other guy with the huge smile is from where and who ??
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    look at his stance . looks like that LA pitcher coming at yea... What's his name ? Sandy Kovacs !!
    But it ain't him.

Think of an 'express' freight coming at yea.

and
    Look at the hat
    Clemens?
    I left my bifocals at work on Friday...lol

Ted Williams was the last major leaguer to achieve a batting average of .400 or better .
    Who in 1992 almost broke that record ?
    It was in 1992, should be a hint.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-09-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Clemens?
    I left my bifocals at work on Friday...lol
    not Rodger
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast