Register
    Guru

can i install IPTV Private Server (Rocket) on my windows 10 pc?

can i install IPTV Private Server (Rocket) on my windows 10 pc? and if i can, do we have instructions for how to do it? thanks in advance.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    You'd first need an iptv/m3u app installed onto your windows.
    There are many of these iptv apps, but most apps for iptv are for Android devices , while not many are compatible with windows.

VLC Media Player is the easiest and works stand alone on windows platform, but does not have much for bells and whistles with the windows versions.

Bluestacks is an application platform that can be installed onto windows and then you can install Android iptv apps / players onto the Bluestacks platform and run on windows that way.
    Players like Perfect Player, ProgTV Player and etc... are Android platform Players.
    Perfect Player does also have a windows version but that version has never worked well or correctly since it was released years ago.

Our official app is the Kokaleka app, but you'd need to use the Bluestacks platform for that too, when using it thru windows,
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...cial-IPTV-Apps

But Bluestacks is a huge resource hogger and so that may not be ideal either.

OTT Navigator is another iptv app / Player and I think that one does not need the Bluestacks platform to work thru windows.
    IPTV Smarters is another that will work without Bluestacks.

Check the sub-forum linked below for a selection of Players and tutorials.
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...aylist-Players

There are a few ways to connect to the server URL or the Playlist URL with these apps

Some apps / Players can use a Playlist m3u file (hardcopy).
    Some apps / Players can use a Playlist m3u URL.
    Some apps / Players can use a Server URL
    Some apps / Players can use any of the 3 methods.

Some apps / Players can use a sign in and connect with your credentials only, as like the Kokaleka Player.

How to get an M3U Playlist hardcopy or an M3U Playlist URL
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ocket-Playlist

There is also another connection type which is called a MAC connection, which is something different again.

If you want to try the easiest setup just for giggles so you can see it work, (as it's not the best but is the easiest), then download a version of the VLC Player for windows. Then log onto your code at the Rocket website and download a m3u Playlist (hardcopy). Put that copy on your desktop. Open the VLC Player and make it small on your desktop, then drag the m3u Playlist onto the VLC and it will work.

Open the VLC thread in that sub-forum linked above and it will lead you to the VLC download.
    Check the other threads there too.

Using an m3u hardcopy is easy but it is a static copy, meaning if the server adds or removes channels or adds VODs (which they do regularly) then you'd have to continuously be downloading a new copy almost daily to keep up. But with a m3u Playlist URL, then you would get all updates automatically.

So check out what I have supplied you so far and see how it goes for you. Do not be hesitant to ask questions along the way if you need yo
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-27-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have just now edited the post above.
    So I think I made it easier to follow and I have also added some relevant info

Don't be afraid to tackle any of this. It may seem overwhelming, but it's not really. Once you understand the basics then things fall into place fairly easily.

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa