Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update now flashes red 6 times on startup

I dusted off my old T2 to use on a RCA Smart TV to watch DL sports games and it worked fine, I i notice there was an udate to 1.3.9 formwater so i updated. No when it starts up the T2 logo appears for a few seconds then disappears. and its a blank screen with nothing. If i take the T2 to another 2 TVs one of wheich is a RCA Smart tv it starts no problem on both? Is something blocking the hdmi signal? bith RCA tvs are almost the same model and the other model it works on is an old LG not even 4k

Any idea whats up, not sre if i should reset firmware if i can?

I am using the same HDMI cable when testng on all 3 tvs and going straight to the TV from T2 box

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The TV itself is probably to blame. The HDMI port may have become faulty.
    Is it an Omni TV by chance ?

There is an AV port on that T2 box.

It uses a cable with a single AV jack at one end and converts to 3 colored jacks on the other end. (red, white, yellow).
    Get one of those to test for results.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-01-2022 at 11:15 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Its a RCA 4K ultra, i tired all 3 HDMI ports and same results.

Tried the PS4 and it powers up and shows on the screen, just cant get the T2, Is there a manual for errors, when you first plug it into that TV it starts to boot but then goes blank and the it blinks 6 times red then green then red then green etc?

but this same T2 works correctly on the other two TVs ?

Them HDMI ports supply more then just audio video, they also have a power supply. Different devices (the ps4 and the T2 for instance) may not act the same with a faulty port, depending.

I think there is a reset port on that box, but I'd have to look into that. Give me a minute or two and I will get back to you.
    But I have my doubts it will make a difference
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

No reset port, but the T2 resets thru a reset file that you'd use.

Check the link below.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-for-T2-and-Z7

I still do not believe it will make a difference thou.
    It sounds to me the issue is with the TV's HDMI port becoming faulty , even if the ps4 works thru it does not prove the port is not faulty. Like I say the faults are usually associated with the power supply in that HDMI port. The T2 does not use that power but it could be messing it up.

Does the T2 work correctly on the other two TVs ?
    - Frank Zappa

i guess the 6 flashes is normal is does it on my tv that work

yeah it works fine on 2 other tv and one an almost idential RCA tv.. it woked fine no issues and right after i updated to 1.3.9 bang wont show up. when you replug it in it starts and the big T2 apears then after about 5 secounds the screen goes blank and nothing else. it looks like it is booted and the green lights flash when using the remote. just no picture

not much else I can say.
    Try the AV cable as described earlier.

Them inexpensive TVs are known for faulty ports at times, not common but does happen.
    I have a cheap Omni TV that this same thing happened with the HDMI port, but the AV connection worked. This was true with a T1 Plus device and a mag device, neither would work thru HDMI on that TV but worked fine thru AV and worked fine on other TV thru HDMI
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast