Rocket Recovery Technician

WHAT IS Best Computer and operating system out there

I need to find out what the best commercially available desktop computer is and what operating system most of you would consider to be the best and most program friendly.

I need it to do graphic stitching and panoramas, bitsplicing and regedits, audio and video editing and language conversion.

It will have to be able to handle a lot of different types and sizes of drives some of the files will be massive 20 or more GB.

It will have to run tech programs for CAD, electrical, mechanical and structural engineering programs, and do a lot of geometric loading calculation by using stored constants and programs.

The idea is to convert from a many different station setup to a single unit without having to build it with multiple operating systems and task dedicated servers using the same random access memory memory and multiple removable hard drives.

Thanks.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Whew... Maybee these People can Help :

Code:
    http://www.best-tech.com/quotes.htm
    WWJD...!!!

first video card is 5 to 8 thousand dollars but you got that kind money right you dont want any hick ups pci memory for boot up heck i would luv to have the best and im low ball on video card
    Last edited by Marley; 11-24-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Hey "ice", check out Your Local PC stores, Not Department Stores, Plain ole Computer Stores, You may even run into someone You know in One... They may have something sitting on a shelf that can bee Modified to do just what it is You Need Done... Just a thought...!!
    WWJD...!!!

Yeah 4me I may do that the Friend that wrote for us years ago and went for a trip has a shop still.

TV video or graphic card for computer monitors Marley? Grandson is a corporate industrial systems engineer and is looking for something to use without having to go to the office and work and have the same type of ability, I don't guess there is a set budget at least he didn't give me one. He would rather send a complete installation print and instruction manual to one of the plants and pay someone to fix or set up a new system than fly out for a week when the peeps there cant put a bolt in something to stop it from rattling.

He spent a week at a plant to set up a moisture monitoring system because there were no people in the plant who could even tell him where the feed was for the machine he was there for.

All he was supposed to do was bring it there and check it after they finished putting it on and he had to modify the mounting, change the power configuration and set the software up himself after he got there AND send out for parts..

Sorry for the rant, I used to have the same kinds of problems with projects and I hated it.

He just hit me with a bunch of parameters and the things he didn't like in computers and it didn't leave me much of the older stuff I dealt with in the try this bin.

Got a good lead 4me thanks for the thought,, sonny boy had a studio system built by one of his school friends to edit and record all the bands he does sound for.
    The person who did that for him does the systems work for a medical corporation and we will just get him to build it and program it.
    I am going to get grandson to call HIM DIRECTLY and get meself out of the loop on it they will know what programs and features he needs..

THANX!!!

"Thar Ya GO"...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

what you where saying what you need to do at home will cost arm and leg for video card good luck finding a cheap one and hope they give you software to do all this cant do boot leg stuff it company just that cost arm and leg will cost about the same as card you need unless its down under

Thanks Marley It is an at home work computer so I don't know if the company he works for has a corporate license for all of the software he uses and pays a fee or just a yearly fee or if they have a contract for each computer the load it n. My sons friend Derek that built the studio system for sonny is always up on the hardware so I think he will custom build it and we will have to see about the software. I am sure he will have to let Derek know what software he runs and how many programs at once so he will know how much available operating system memory and speed he will need to have available when he has multiple programs running,

Especially graphics as you say it costs a lot to have video for technical programming when you merge, dissect and overlay multiple graphic prints and need instant stitching.