"Marilyn doesn't exist. When I come out of my dressing room I am Norma Jean"

Based on the novel by Joyce Carol Oates

Ana de Armas as Norma Jeane
Adrien Brody as The Playwright

Ana de Armas is credited as Marilyn Monroe's real birth name, Norma Jeane

'A fictionalized chronicle of the inner life of Marilyn Monroe'

It's a sad movie really.
Right from the beginning when Norma was a young child, the movie acted out Norma's downward fall.

Remember while watching this movie, it is not a biography, as stated adamantly by the author Joyce Carol Oates

This movie did have some controversy...
Brad Pitt is one of this film's producers. This movie shows Marilyn Monroe being abused by a Hollywood executive and later by her romantic partners. Coincidentally, Pitt was aware of the sexual harassment allegations against former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein decades before he was exposed in 2017.

More on that is available to read online.

Other then it being such a sad story, Ana de Armas does a nice job portraying Norma Jeane (Marilyn Monroe)

Fun Fact:
Adrien Brody plays a playwright in this movie. He had previously played Jack Driscoll, another playwright character in King Kong (2005). In that film, Naomi Watts' character, Ann Darrow, was inspired by Marilyn Monroe.

Disclaimer:
There is no evidence that John F. Kennedy ever raped Marilyn Monroe, nor that he ever got her pregnant and sent government officials to kidnap her at her home and perform a forced abortion on her, as the movie suggests. Those scenes were heavily criticized by journalists, cinephiles and historians. However, there is evidence to suggest they did have an affair, although the exact nature of their relationship remains unclear.
Nor is there any evidence of other sex scenes depicted in the movie ever took place.