The Man.
    The Legend.
    The King.

Director: Baz Luhrmann
    Writers/Screenplay: Baz Luhrmann, Sam Bromell, Craig Pearce

Tom Hanks as Colonel Tom Parker
    Austin Butler as Elvis
    Olivia DeJonge as Priscilla

'Elvis Presley seen through the eyes of his controversial manager Colonel Tom Parker'

That's what it says in the movie description. Only thing is thou that they overlooked and/or lied and/or altered a few too many facts (as seen thru Colonel Parker).
    Seems some of this was done to make the Colonel look smarter and more of a kinder soul then he actually was.

In the movie he is seen as a circus promotor at the beginning. And ironically so, as I do see Hollywood as a circus.
    Hollywood is the part that keeps the masses busy while the bad and nefarious things go on behind closed doors.

Did you know that the saying 'Bring in the Clowns' was meant as a ploy to distract the 'Big Tent' audiences with clowns when something was going wrong with the show? True fact.

But back to the Colonel.

There is one part where he supposedly signs Elvis at the top of a Ferris Wheel. Truth is thou it was done in a studio office with other executives along with the Colonel, who at the time had long moved on from the circus and was working with Hollywood and record company Studios.

Another scene with Elvis' first stage appearance and it went as you could expect. The girls and women in the crowd went crazy, and especially when Elvis did his leg shuffle moves, even depicted one having a ummm .. 'experience' right there in the crowd, if you know what I mean.

The movie shows the Colonel there and miraculously sees that Elvis was blessed, in the true meaning of the word .. Blessed by God and his twin brother who died at birth ..(this happened not solely because of the crowd's reaction but other things happened that night too).

But in truth the Colonel was no where near there and did not even know about Elvis at the time. But it made him look good in the movie if you believed it.
    It went on like this and with the Colonel (Hanks) narrating the story as it went.

I forgot to mention that I really do not like many actors these days, and can not even watch some ... and Hanks is near the top of that list.
    But I do watch for the sake of these reviews and well it is about Elvis

And I digress yet again

And I will end on a good note.

I did really like watching Austin Butler as Elvis. He did a great job.
    I guess I liked the part so much was because it almost made me feel like Elvis was alive , I think that is it
    I have to say that the movie is worth watching just for that.

I grew up with a family of my Aunt's and my Mother that were huge Elvis fans.
    One of my Aunt's saw Elvis in Hawaii (one of his last concerts). She would replay the experience (a wholesome experience, not like them girls in the early years), she would relive the time to me over and over during the later years and I listened with anticipation each time
    I had turned into a huge Elvis fan at a young age. Them were the days of fun in the sun and Elvis Presley, The King!

* Seems the audio track for Elvis is not working with some of the older Mag devices.
    It is almost surely a compatibility issue with audio on the older Mag models.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-12-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Thanks for the good review Crazed, it means a lot to me. I spent quite a bit of time in Memphis when I was in my teens and was on the grounds of Graceland some.
    Elvis would sit inside and watch cameras of the people walking the grounds.
    Red and the boys would turn people back if they got too close to the door when he was there or they were in the wrong place but they gave tours of all but the private places when he was away.
    In the late 60s and early 70s Elvis owned a cabin off of Bear creek on Pickwick lake, Later on about 1972 or so it was bought by Haines Electric in Memphis, one of the biggest electric contractors in that area.
    It Is not far from where we live in riversbend and we went there a lot it never was fenced and closed off till a lot later.
    It was some place, Back then it had a large concrete dock and a slow drop off swimming beach with a lot of area for sunbathing.
    The water in the lower Tennessee valley was clear then.
    He would go out on the streets of Memphis some nights and pick a place for a snack like he was just like one of the people living there and didn't expect anything special.
    Amazing man, person, talent and soul He gave so much of himself to the people around him.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Thanks for the good review Crazed, it means a lot to me. I spent quite a bit of time in Memphis when I was in my teens and was on the grounds of Graceland some.
    Elvis would sit inside and watch cameras of the people walking the grounds.
    Red and the boys would turn people back if they got too close to the door when he was there or they were in the wrong place but they gave tours of all but the private places when he was away.
    In the late 60s and early 70s Elvis owned a cabin off of Bear creek on Pickwick lake, Later on about 1972 or so it was bought by Haines Electric in Memphis, one of the biggest electric contractors in that area.
    It Is not far from where we live in riversbend and we went there a lot it never was fenced and closed off till a lot later.
    It was some place, Back then it had a large concrete dock and a slow drop off swimming beach with a lot of area for sunbathing.
    The water in the lower Tennessee valley was clear then.
    He would go out on the streets of Memphis some nights and pick a place for a snack like he was just like one of the people living there and didn't expect anything special.
    Amazing man, person, talent and soul He gave so much of himself to the people around him.
    wow... I would loved being in your shoes back then.
    great stuff
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa