Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

new restrictions and questions - Canadian transactions.

so I went to BUY crypto from my wallet @Blockchain(dot)com this morning.
    I clicked on the BUY option which should have taken me to a page to select how much and what type and from where . The where is my bank card.
    I done this 100 times in the past but this time I am taken instead to a different page that is asking me a bunch of other questions, like where did I get the money, from salary or gift or inheritance and etc... asks me if this is for a family member and if I am political and some other questions.
    Its messed up = snafu !

Canadian government has placed these new restrictions and questions into law and demands Blockchain ask them of canadians buying crypto.

We are in dangerous territory these days and it just keeps getting worse
    Ask me if I am scared of what the future holds and I will tell you that I am scared chitless !
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    I wont use it, by the time you get it you lost money to transfer 5-6 bucks. They can take it like the truckers he stashed in his pocket.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Maybee Time to see if the Providers will bee willing to take Gift Cards like They did at one time with those Vanilla Ones... If They do then maybee some Chocolate and Strawberry Ones can bee added to the Mix...!!!

Gotta Find Other Ways to Pay and still Bee Secure and Private...!!
    WWJD...!!!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Sad day for the financial world when the fair trade tenets left the building. Maybe there will be another Hongkong spring up in a destitute third world country, it could make the citizens solvent and comfortable overnight if they removed the ruling class from the equation and let the businesses flourish.

It was a bad move to start government control of the internet, a worse move to start to tax international trade.

Scary to know someone thinks they should have so much control over every aspect of your life, even if it is well intentioned.

Guess we need to find out what we are going to do to be safe in our transactions.