Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Walmart, Walgreens, CVS ordered to pay $650M to rectify Opioid abuse

This trial was part of a broader constellation of about 3,000 federal opioid lawsuits.
    These huge pharma outlets will slide thru mostly unharmed from this one lawsuit, but there have been some smaller outlets under lawsuits that will not survive.
    Chapter 11 for them as some have already gone that way.

These corps will be fighting the Order thou, mostly because this involves only two Ohio counties.
    If this becomes a president, then Walmart and the others will feel that across the Country. So there will be more to come with this case.

These pharmacies in just the one of the two counties, in a 4 year period, dispensed over 61 million pills.

Two chains — Rite Aid and Giant Eagle — settled lawsuits with the counties before trial. The amounts they paid have not been disclosed publicly.

This is all part of about 3000 lawsuits against pharma outfits relating to Opioid abuse.

Code:
    https://www.newsy.com/stories/walmart-walgreens-cvs-ordered-to-pay-650m-in-opioid-suit/
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

big pharma needs to have their fingers more then just slapped
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer1 View Post
    big pharma needs to have their fingers more then just slapped
    I am thinking that if this lawsuit ruling stays intact, even after them corps try their hardest spending millions in court costs to defeat it, if it stays intact then look out because this involves only two counties in one State, in this lawsuit.
    Can you imagine the lawsuits to follow all across America if this ruling stands... WOOOORAAA!

Is why them corps will be fighting this ruling by tooth and nail.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-20-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    The cook is not responsible for the recipe he is given, If it tastes bad, and he followed the recipe it is the fault of the person who Wrote the recipe.

I hope they find a way to end these cases, Mostly because it is a short jump to any company being sued for doing something that is legal and doing what the law requires them to do.

Same for any person walking the street.

Yes opioid distribution is a problem but the most dangerous thing in the drug world is Fentanyl and who is going to get sued for it.

If it was up to me the manufacturers would be the ones who paid the bill, They are the ones who wrote the recipe and sold it to the doctors who then send an order to the pharmacy to deliver it.

It is like suing UPS for delivering a package to the door of a building that contained parts of a bomb.

I would think there would be an appeal directly to the supreme court in this case as the the ability to sue a company for doing something that is legal and actually required by law if the prescription is presented and valid.

Hard to say how this will turn out but I would look for pharma to become a government agency structured As it is in in the VA if it stands.

Any sane pharmacist will refuse to sell or dispense medicines, there will be no other recourse because they would not have the protections and lawyers the corporate drug stores do and could be culpable for the actual transfer.
    Last edited by 12icer; 09-02-2022 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    The cook is not responsible for the recipe he is given, If it tastes bad, and he followed the recipe it is the fault of the person who Wrote the recipe.

I hope they find a way to end these cases, Mostly because it is a short jump to any company being sued for doing something that is legal and doing what the law requires them to do.

Same for any person walking the street.

Yes opioid distribution is a problem but the most dangerous thing in the drug world is Fentanyl and who is going to get sued for it.

If it was up to me the manufacturers would be the ones who paid the bill, They are the ones who wrote the recipe and sold it to the doctors who then send an order to the pharmacy to deliver it.

It is like suing UPS for delivering a package to the door of a building that contained parts of a bomb.

I would think there would be an appeal directly to the supreme court in this case as the the ability to sue a company for doing something that is legal and actually required by law if the prescription is presented and valid.

Hard to say how this will turn out but I would look for pharma to become a government agency structured As it is in in the VA if it stands.

Any sane pharmacist will refuse to sell or dispense medicines, there will be no other recourse because they would not have the protections and lawyers the corporate drug stores do and could be culpable for the actual transfer.
    Thats a good take on all this 12icer
    Thnx for the input

I had a toothache not long ago, very painful. I went to local pharmacy. I had been told I could get codeine over the counter. And it was true I did get a bottle of 10 pills. The pharmacist told me that I would not be able to get anymore without doctor's recommendation. even thou it was legal for her to give me more.
    She was concerned for me and my health and possible addiction. I appreciated that very much even thou I was in terrible pain.

Needless to say I am not addicted to codeine
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    It is a wonder there are not a lot more people addicted to it.
    One of my cuzs friends robbed a drug store once and got quite a bit of Oxycontin a few of them started taking them and they had one of my other cuzs sons HOOKED deep.
    He did not OD but his body was wrecked by it and he died of multiple organ failures.
    He would have been better off if he had ODed.
    Thank you for not getting hooked, It means you have the strength to beat a strong opponent.
    Hopefully they will start using something that is not deadly to help those in pain.
    AND someone will start making at a price that my local park bench dweller can get it when he needs it.

THANX for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Hopefully they will start using something that is not deadly to help those in pain.
    AND someone will start making at a price that my local park bench dweller can get it when he needs it.
    sadly that will not happen.

It's a scam that pharma and governments started a long time ago.
    - Frank Zappa

And, the Pharmacies can not refill or prescribe these drugs without a Legal Prescription written and signed by a licensed Physician, why do these doctors get a free ride ?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    why do these doctors get a free ride ?
    To understand why, we first must label them as to who or what they actually are.
    They are not Doctors, they are Pharma Representatives
    Big Pharma is a powerful entity.

What I am about to post here could be considered quite controversial and perhaps I should not be posting this here.... but we are not in Kansa anymore

'When you go to the doctor, you're seen not as a person who needs help with his or her health,
    but as a potential market for the medical factory's products'

A pdf book: Confessions of a Medical Heretic, by Robert S. Mendelsohn M.D.
    Code:
    https://herstelderepubliek.files.wordpress.com/2022/09/confessions-of-a-medical-heretic.pdf
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    And, the Pharmacies can not refill or prescribe these drugs without a Legal Prescription written and signed by a licensed Physician, why do these doctors get a free ride ?
    The doctors don't regulate drugs but the FDA does.It's the government that needs to face the consequences not the manufacturers,doctors or pharmacies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast