Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

2022 Open Championship @ St. Andrews - Cameron Smith

Is the 'Old Course' becoming obsolete??

There has been speculation, if the wind does not blow hard during the tournament, the course may be defenceless against the world's top professionals taking it apart and potentially posting the lowest round in men's major history.'

Friday's Round 2 @ St Andrews saw Dustin Johnson first out-right leader IN the clubhouse today with a leading score @ -9
    Cameron Smith is currently looking @ -10 teeing up at the 10th
    Cameron Young also with a -9 and teeing off at the 8th
    Rory with 7 Birdies in Thursday's Round 1 , is currently tied for 6th place on Friday with a -6

Tiger Woods the 15-time major winner, bid an emotional farewell to the Home of Golf.
    He will miss the cut after finishing Friday's Round at nine over par.
    It was a sad moment in golf as Tiger admitted he is unlikely to play at the Old Course again, as the physical impact of his injuries and surgerys has taken their toll.

“It was very emotional for me,” Woods said. “When the next one comes around in 2030 I don’t know whether I’ll be physically able to compete. I’ve been lucky to win this twice here and it felt very emotional.”

“The ovation I got at 18 is something I’ll always remember,” he said. “I’m not retiring from the game. I’ll play a few more British Opens.”
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-16-2022 at 12:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    Tiger hasn't been the same since his wife showed him how an attack wedge works.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    St. Andrews, Ah, 4me remembers it well :

WWJD...!!!

Yup on both counts
    lol

The guys are on the course this morning, with the Leaders due to tee off in a couple/few hours.

I say 'this morning' here, but in St. Andrews it is currently mid-day over there

Going into Saturday's 3rd Round

Leader is Cameron Smith @ -13
    Cameron Young @ -11
    Rory Mcilroy @ -10
    Viktor Hovland @ -10
    Dustin Johnson @ -9

Today's Round can be found on NBC

Sergio Garcia at the 5th is having big trouble, scratch that, he is having gigantic trouble with them bunkers
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-16-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Lowery just shot back to back Eagles !!!

No mistake... Two Eagles in a row at the 9th and the 10th and now currently @ -9

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-16-2022 at 02:26 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Second last grouping has Rory and Victor teeing up at the 1st

Rory seems to be crowd favorite
    His last Major win was like back in 1812 or something

The 'Two Camerons' in the last group (game) of the day are now also on their way !
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-16-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Viktor Hovland with 4 Birdies in a row is our Leader !!!

Rory and Viktor finish the day 4 strokes ahead of the leaders @ -16
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-16-2022 at 10:05 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Rory has held the lead all day today (Sunday final round), that is until Cameron Smith caught up.
    It took 4 Birdies in a row from Smith to do that !

Currently we see Cameron on the 15th tee and Rory on the 14th tee.
    Tied @ -18

Rory does not know this yet but....
    Cameron will now have 5 straight Birdies and takes the out right lead @-19

Our other Cameron, Cameron Young, just landed one on the green and sitting pretty for a Birdie which will get him to -18 !!!

And Young missed a very difficult 5 footer
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-17-2022 at 05:07 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Cameron Smith is pulling out the Big Dog for the 18th tee !!!

Smith drives it to the edge of the green on a par 4
    and , and , and Young and Rory , both looking at Birdie putts !@!!!
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-17-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

wow !

the 'two' Camerons ... wow !!!

Cameron Smith -20
    Cameron Young -19
    Rory -18 ??

Rory would need an Eagle on the 18th to tie this thing.....
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-17-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast