Junoir Member

xrs4900 is it possible to uninstall netflix, prime and disney

as the title says, i have uninstalled them but when i reboot the box they get downloaded and installed
    in my apps again, is there anyway of stopping this?

i was under the impression that you could uninstall these apps permanently, it really irks my ocd ness

sorry if this has been asked before but cannot find anything on it

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by igloolad View Post
    as the title says, i have uninstalled them but when i reboot the box they get downloaded and installed
    in my apps again, is there anyway of stopping this?

i was under the impression that you could uninstall these apps permanently, it really irks my ocd ness

sorry if this has been asked before but cannot find anything on it
    this has not been asked before

I had been wondering about the same thing but have not messed around with it yet.
    There may be a few things we could try. First thing is to install an Editor Manager type app, like Total Commander is a good one but there are others that may work better for this..
    Open that and scroll to 'installed apps' and there you will see Disney... use the options there to uninstall that and then do the reboot again on your device and see if it does in fact re-install.

Once the app is highlighted you will have to use the Mouse Pointer (RCU button), so the Disney stays highlighted and at same time you can scroll to the delete icon with mouse pointer.

These managers also have an access to Root on your device, but be very careful at what you do in there as you could wreak havoc with the wrong click

I will try and get some time to do some extensive tests with all this. And maybe NBS may know more

thnx for bringing this up igloolad
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I just did a quick test with Disney and there appears to be a blockage that originates from Google Playstore, which does not allow Total Commander to uninstall the app.... so seems we have to figure out how to permanatly uninstall Gooogle Playstore and that may solve the issue all in one swoop
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    perhaps they are fixtures and fittings of the android build, thanks for the reply. only got the box on
    saturday so fumbling my way around, had other android box before so not a novice. will give total commander a go.

perhaps they are fixtures and fittings of the android build, thanks for the reply. only got the box on
    saturday so fumbling my way around, had other android box before so not a novice. will give total commander a go.
    I do not think we need Total Commander. I been fooling around here and it seems maybe we can do what is needed in the XRS4900 menus.
    Total Commander did clue me into the fact that it is Google Playstore that is doing the installing automatically.... so leads me to believe that we have to stop permissions for Playstore or delete Playstore all together.

First I stopped Google permissions, just for chits and giggles (since it showed up first in the app menu list )
    I then deleted Netflix and Disney with success... then rebooted and they did not re-install
    Next I will try doing the same with Playstore instead of Google.

i will report back asap

Path to get to where I am at...
    Home Screen > Settings > Settings(again) > scroll down to Apps > Specials app access > Usage access > Google or Playstore > OFF

I did also notice after I went back into Special app access, the Google was back ON after I turned it OFF and did that reboot.... that might be bad for us.
    But I will continue test

perhaps they are fixtures and fittings of the android build
    I doubt the team would build something like that in.
    It would be an app permission of some kind... as we are finding out
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-24-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

update.

So I turned Google OFF and then back ON and exited menus and checked to ensure Netflix and Disney were still not showing in my apps and they weren't.... and unplugged power.
    Powered back on and the netflix and Disney did not install and I do have the app permissions ON this time... so ummmmmm I do not know what to say about that.
    Maybe you try the same test but instead of turning Google OFF, try turning Google Playstore OFF or Google Play services.

Lets see what your results are
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-24-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Have you attempted to try what I outlined ?
    I only ask because I can not continue right now as I have to leave the house.

But follow the path and maybe turn Google OFF first and then delete just one of the 3 apps , Disney... then reboot and check results. Check also if Google is still OFF... If it is ON leave it ON and reboot box and see if Disney re-installs.
    You could test the Playstore too with netflix this time. Turn Playstore OFF, delete Netflix, reboot for results.
    There is also Playstore or Google Services, but leave that one till last (if test it at all). I think the Services would be location finders and stuff like that, but not sure.

Good luck and please post your results

Home Screen > Settings > Settings(again) > scroll down to Apps > Specials app access > Usage access > Google or Playstore > OFF
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    will try and see

Junoir Member
    tried multiple times and it kept installing, turned off all googles i could find and in end iptv stopped working, so flicked them all on, will try again tomorrow